Freezing Muffins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SurvivorGirl

Sous Chef
I made a batch of muffins today (blueberry, strawberry, banana coffee cake muffins...really good) and the recipe made 23 instead of 12. I was wondering if it is possible to freeze muffins, and if so how do you warm them up?

thx!:chef:

Yes, you can freeze them.

Wrap them in paper towel and microwave them for 20-30 seconds.

:) You can freeze them just make sure they are completly cooled.Once frozen you can pull a couple out the night before to thaw or heat like AndyM says.

Actually, SurvivorGirl, I think I would wrap each one individually in the new Glad Press 'n Seal and then put each one into a plastic freezer zipper-lock bag.

One of the challenges with freezing baked goods, or other foods, is condensation.

By wrapping each one individually, some of the risk of condensation is reduced. Each time you open the zipper-lock bag to remove a muffin, air and moisture enters no matter how careful you are.

I've been using this technique for quite a while with good results.

I freeze muffins all the time. I individually wrap them in plastic wrap and store them in a ziplock bag. They thaw at room temp in an hour or less.

freezing muffins

i have made banana muffins and froze them. I have found using muffin liners its better. the moister absorbs in them when thawing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom