I came up with a new sandwich the other day...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
My boss was making some appetizers with some thinly-sliced honey smoked turkey breast. Suddenly, inspiration struck. I toasted a piece of marbled light and dark rye bread. I cut that in half on a diagonal. Both pieces received some Chipotle mayo (we happen to have some in stock), a piece of lettuce, and I placed a couple pieces of the turkey on, and some bacon that had cajun seasoning on it. Then, I placed a piece of pepperjack cheese over this, flipped it together, and tried it. OMG! It was GOOD!

Allen, I think some of our most creative work comes from using what happens to be on hand, whether it be cooking, or some other art form.

That's entirely all to true, especially "under pressure". Many new things at a restaurant come about because someone needs something in a hurry, and the kitchen doesn't have it prepped, so it needs to be made completely from scratch as fast as possible.

When I thought of this sandwich, I was under a kind of pressure, a rumbling sensation from my stomach :chef:

Tomatoes would probably be a great addition to this sandwich, but, I am not a fan of raw tomatoes.

:) Can I try one with white bread. Rye and I don't get a long to well.
Everything else sounds good though.:):):)

Certainly! I did the marbled rye as I absolutely love that stuff. It's made at a local bakery, so I'll probably be buying it in the future.

Sourdough, or an herbed focaccia, would work well with this also.

Allen,
sounds great, I love any rye and the marbled sound soooo good..I use pepper jack cheese so often I have a fairly large block of it...Can't wait to give your new sandwich a try... Thank you:)
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom