ISO How do you make garlic butter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oppose

Cook
ive got a monster of a steak thats been marinating for awhile and i want to put garlic butter ontop of it when its done. how does one make this? thanks.

My cheating way is to mix soft butter with garlic powder. If I have time to plan ahead, I roast garlic in EVOO for two hours at 200*F. Then I mush it in with the butter.

I mince 1 clove of fresh garlic with a couple of tablespoons of butter.

Done.

Delicious.

Lee

oppose said:
ive got a monster of a steak thats been marinating for awhile and i want to put garlic butter ontop of it when its done. how does one make this? thanks.

Since it is a monster of a steak! I would use Butter Buds and garlic juice. You can also make this into a lite roux with some meat juices.

oppose said:
how exactly should i do this mushing? ive never made this before.

Once it cools down enough to touch, you can just squeeze the garlic out of the peel. GOOD LUCK!

I slice off the very tops of 3 garlic bulbs, enclose tightly in foil that I've added a little bit of water to (for steam); place in a preheated 425 degree oven for 45 minutes. Can sprinkle with olive oil and salt and pepper, before or after--great roasted garlic.

Let it cool--then squeeze in out into softened butter with a little additional salt and whip until smooth.

Take your roasted garlic cloves and your butter and mash them down into your cutting board with the flat face of a chef's knife or use a spatula. When they are well mashed, start folding them together and mash. Pop your steak under the broiler for 30 seconds and it will melt the butter nicely all over the steak.

if i'm using it immediately, i simply add just a touch of garlic-infused EVOO to a hot skillet and add-in one large or two small minced garlic cloves.

i saute this around for just a few seconds and add it to some room temperature butter... let that rest for a minute or two and place on-top of the "resting" steak.

I melt mix butter with garlic and fresh parsley, then freeze it. Whenever I want to make gralic bread, I just cut though enough for the day and spread on bread then grill the bread. Or the cut of meat.

QSis said:
I mince 1 clove of fresh garlic with a couple of tablespoons of butter.

Done.

Delicious.

Lee
I do the same thing & then put it in the microwave for 1 minute. And then brush it on whatever I'm cooking. I do this a lot for garlic bread using whole grain French bread.

Back
Top Bottom