ISO no knead bread recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
I'm not a baker, but recently started making no knead (dutch oven) breads, and am now getting hooked on them. I've made rosemary and olive oil bread and rye bread. Both were as good as anything I've bought at a bakery. I've been making the dough and then putting it in the refrigerator for a few days after the first 18 hour rise, which seems to give the bread more flavor.

I've been looking for other recipes. I'm planning to try olive bread (chopped olives), as well as roast garlic bread (probably with rosemary). I looked at a couple of the local bakeries web sites for other ideas. Other than what I've already identified, there is a sun dried tomato and basil bread that I might try. The rest of their offerings more resemble dessert bread (fruits, nuts, chocolate) rather than dinner bread.

I would appreciate any suggestions for other varieties. I'm looking for dinner breads - the kind that would be good dipped in olive oil.

I have no recipes, but may I suggest that you Google no knead bread recipes.
I have, but the basic recipe is about the only thing that is returned. I can find other recipes if I know what I'm looking for. Kind of like looking for a word in the dictionary. Hard to find if you don't know how to spell it.

I've also picked up Jim Lahey's book from the local library. Same thing - a few dinner breads, along with other things like carrot bread and coconut chocolate bread.

Back
Top Bottom