ISO Stuffed Bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kadesma said:
Your welcome Amber, What seems to be the problem with the frozen bread dough? Is it to thick? I find that the bread dough tends to want to go back to it's original shape, that it's to elastic, I let it rest then roll again, pressing down a little, it takes time to thin it out, but I'll be darned if dough is gonna get around me :LOL: It took me some time to figure this out, but, I now just keep rolling til I get the size and shape I need for my roll..I'm making one with pizza sauce, salami, provolone , and parmesan for tomorrow...Hope I've helped a little:)
kadesma

Yes, the dough (after baking) seemed too thick. The next batch I made I rolled it out thinner, which did seem to help. I was afraid if I kept rolling it out it would get too tough, but it was fine. Tricky stuff this bread dough:mrgreen:

kitchenelf said:
amber - just so you'll know for future reference the ham/swiss/broccoli recipe I posted does not call for the onions to be cooked first. Just finely chop and use raw. I don't know if you were just "doing your own thing" or misread my recipe. Thanks.

Yea, I was just doing my own thing cause I thought the onions might taste too strong. I didnt have dijon on hand, so I used yellow mustard and honey mustard (eeewwww never do that again) :ROFLMAO: I think the dijon would be much better!

lol on the honey mustard amber - One time I made a scallion/bacon mustard that was pretty spicy - I used that - it was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

amber said:
Yes, the dough (after baking) seemed too thick. The next batch I made I rolled it out thinner, which did seem to help. I was afraid if I kept rolling it out it would get too tough, but it was fine. Tricky stuff this bread dough:mrgreen:
It can be tricky, but I think you've got it now:) I get mine pretty thin, and have many time torn a hole in it trying to get it on the baking sheet. I now roll it out then roll it around the rolling pin to put it onto the baking sheet. I do love making breads of all kinds and the stuffed ones are so good and are also great to give as gifts. I have one friend who's only request for her birthday is my pizza bread:) My son always asks for my rotolo so thats one of his gifts on his birthday:)
kadesma

Here's a Bake-off recipe...just to give you some more ideas.

Broccoli Sausage Cheese Braid
1/2 lb. ground pork sausage
2 cups Frozen Cut Broccoli
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
4 oz. (1 cup) shredded Cheddar cheese
1 (4.5-oz.) jar sliced Mushrooms, drained
1 (8-oz.) can Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
1 egg white, beaten
1/4 teaspoon caraway seed

Brown sausage in medium skillet. Drain well; set aside. Cook broccoli as directed on package. Drain; set aside.
Heat oven to 325°F. In large bowl, combine 1 beaten egg, flour & baking powder; beat well. Stir in ricotta cheese, Cheddar cheese, mushrooms, cooked sausage & broccoli.

Separate dough into 2 long rectangles. Place on large ungreased cookie sheet w long sides overlapping 1/2 inch; firmly press perforations and edges to seal. Press or roll to form 14x10-inch rectangle.

Spoon sausage mixture in 3 1/2-inch strip lengthwise down center of dough to within 1/4 inch of each end. Form sausage mixture into mounded shape. Make cuts 1 inch apart on longest sides of rectangle just to edge of filling. To give braided appearance, fold strips of dough at an angle halfway across filling with edges of strips slightly overlapping, alternating from side to side. Brush with beaten egg white; sprinkle with caraway seed.

Bake at 325°F. for 25 to 35 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet. Cut into slices.

Bake-Off ©2005 General Mills All Rights Reserved

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom