ISO supplier of rye flour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Haggis

Sous Chef
This is mainly a question to the Aussies on the board, but feel free to jump in to give ideas.

I am looking for a retailer/wholesaler/supplier of rye flour that sells direct to the public (and hopefully not in 20kg bags, don't think I will be needing that much) who is located in Sydney. I have tried so many places and the only place I have found rye flour was the GNC chain of organics stores (and I'm not paying $6 for 500g of flour).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Haggis
I'm not an Aussie - but I've got a suggestion.... See if you can find any German or Austrian or even Polish stores - I'm sure they'd sell rye flour in smaller quantities for you :D

I get a number of German ingredients from a small local deli where I live - and I know they sell rye flour by the kilo!

The thought had occured to me but I could not recall any german/austrian delis around my local area, or anywhere in fact. I am sure they are present but mainly round here its asian/middle eastern/greek-italian and indian.

Will look in earnest for them now though, thanks.

Have a search for a Lutheran church in the yellow pages... There's bound to be a German deli somewhere near that church!

Back
Top Bottom