ISO TNT Waffles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

middie

Chef Extraordinaire
I need a recipe for basic waffles that doesn't use buttermilk since my son is lactose intolerant. I'm not sure if buttermilk will make him sick or not.
Thank guys !

I need a recipe for basic waffles that doesn't use buttermilk since my son is lactose intolerant. I'm not sure if buttermilk will make him sick or not.
Thank guys !
Middie,
can he handle soy milk? I thought yuk about it but I tried it because the unsweetened one had only 4 grams of carbs for an 8oz. glass.made a chocolate coffee drink lik starbucks it was great..no sugar maybe 6 carbs i n all..Also there is a product out my m-i-l use to use that was called lactaid..have you tried that one?
kades

Never tried lactaid. He does drink soy-milk however Don and I don't care for it much.
Do you think it will affect the tatse of waffles ?

Middie, there are lactose free milk products out there now. I buy them for paul all the time.

It tastes very much like regular milk Middie. So, it shouldn't change the taste.

I've never made waffles so... sorry no recipe.

Last edited:
Sorry I'm late! Busy weekend. ;)
I make Bisquick ones... you could use the soy milk instead of the reg milk I bet it'd be fine.
We call 'em freakin' waffles in our house.....I'll have to tell you why another day. :ohmy:

Belgian Waffles with Berry Cream from Betty Crocker

I don't make the berry cream in the recipe, and I add a TB or so of almond extract to the mix. Yummy.
When's breakfast?

Great Suzi thank you !!! Btw breakie is tomorrow. You're more than welcome to come over. Pds you are too. Oh heck... everyone come on over !

Never tried lactaid. He does drink soy-milk however Don and I don't care for it much.
Do you think it will affect the tatse of waffles ?
Middie,
I'm so sorry I didn't get back to you..I see you got great help. Hope those waffles are wonderful
kades;)

Back
Top Bottom