Need an appropriate (?) Name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeV

Washing Up
Well, I told myself I was going to keep this bread making hobby relatively low impact and simple, and once again I have lied to myself. Mea culpa,mea culpa... Anyway, I have just set foot into the Dark Side of breadmaking by starting to make my own sour dough starter; 3-1/2 Tbs white bread flour and 1/4 C unsweetened pineapple juice (thanks, DW, for buying the pineapple tidbits in 100% natural, unsweetened juice!). If all goes well, gestation should take 4-5 days at which time it will become a living, breathing occupant of my kitchen that will require feeding and nurturing, and there should appropriately be a Baptism and a naming rite. I could come up with something meaningless like "the starter," but that would sound so wierd and sterile, especially when I go away on fishing trips and ask DW to feed this living entity that goes by "the starter."

That being said, I thought I would turn to you nice people for your suggestions for a name. We have a few days until the "birth," so we can let this thing run its course from the simple to the absurd. Once I announce that "we have starter," I will select a name from YOUR entries and so name this little yeast beastie.

Have at it and let's see where this thing can go. Oh, remember this is a family site, so PM me with any names you can't post here.:LOL:

Joe

well, the former Hawai'i resident part of me wants to go with something "islandy", but pineapple is so common place nowadays....but it is for sure a "sweet bread"and will more then likely render some prime makins for french toast.

Sometimes a "face" will help trigger a name. Here is a picture of our little yeast beastie that was conceived on 6-12-08 at 10:00 p.m. EST in a recycled plastic container that, in its previous life, held wonton soup from Green Lake restauraunt in Painesville, OH.

img_625692_0_e8ef4664e0f27fa78a677b97ef1f1b22.jpg

Joe

Adam - From the first one came all the others.
Bubbleishous - It bubbles, the bread is delishous.
Won Ton Would Be - Self Explanitory.
Ever Reddy - Keep it well fed, it's always ready.
Bendix - A part in a Starter motor.
Root Ball - That from which the tree grows.
Reddy Freddie - A bit of a rip off from another post.

I'm tired now - AC

Good luck with the sourdough - I love mine, but, I have stories that could be told there.

Just Askin - Do other things about your house that are not normally named get a name too?

Last edited:
You guys are doing great. I should report that there are signs of life in the form of little bubbles (starter heartbeat) that were actually witnessed when I got up at 5 a.m. for work. The full gestation should take 3-5 days and I will name it when I can scoop it out to make the first loaf of Sour Dough No Knead.

Joe

Back
Top Bottom