New Oven Toy!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeV

Washing Up
Yup, the Dough Boy got his new round La Cloche clay baker from the UPS driver this afternoon.

img_719030_0_1c54c731149fb8ca611f6511be0a319f.jpg

img_719030_1_cb0748afe73a7e3614a388d9a31c4989.jpg

After inspecting for any shipping damage, I immediately took its picture to share here. This baker will allow me to make a 50% larger loaf of NYT bread (4-1/2 C (1#8 oz) flour, 18 oz warm water, 2-1/4 t salt and 3/8 t Instant Yeast).

I just baked NYT last night, so this will not see any use until this weekend. I can hardly wait.

I got it at Breadtopia.com, who had he best price at $39.00, when everyone else wants $49.00

JoeV

Very nice, Joe! I love when the Santa in the brown truck pulls in.

What's all the space afforded by the lid for? Why would a pan be shaped like that instead of more half and half? Your NYT's breads don't rise that high, do they?

I had one of these and got rid of it a couple of years ago because I didn't know what to do with it.
Now that I do, I kick myself.
Lucky you, JoeV.
And I know we'll reap the reward of your posted pics of the heavenly loaves.

I had one of these and got rid of it a couple of years ago because I didn't know what to do with it.
Now that I do, I kick myself.
Lucky you, JoeV.
And I know we'll reap the reward of your posted pics of the heavenly loaves.

It's similar to the one I got at a Thrift Store for $6.49 along with a pasta maker for $6.49...
img_719179_1_552a892022f63d7695c78b8233556e03.jpg

Very nice, Joe! I love when the Santa in the brown truck pulls in.

What's all the space afforded by the lid for? Why would a pan be shaped like that instead of more half and half? Your NYT's breads don't rise that high, do they?

The baker came with recipes for cooking foods other than bread. I believe bread was an afterthought when these bakers were originally designed. I'll find out this weekend how high it actually rise. Of course, pictures will follow.

Joe V. you should change your name to the Bread Man. Man, you are serious about this thing. I give you all the props. Thanks for the tutorial on breadmaking. I am inching towards confronting the "bread demon". I purchased my yeast over the weekend.

Joe V. you should change your name to the Bread Man. Man, you are serious about this thing. I give you all the props. Thanks for the tutorial on breadmaking. I am inching towards confronting the "bread demon". I purchased my yeast over the weekend.

Go forth with courage and SAF Instant Yeast.:LOL:

1.gif

I mean...I mean...gosh, that was rude! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

No, no, no, no... I LMAO when I read that, because it's my middle daughter's favorite saying in a conversation. I'll say something which astonishes her, and the immediate reply is "Oh shut up." It's her way of saying "Wow" or "Oh, really?"

No offense taken here, because I know exactly what was meant by that statement.

I better get off this 'puter and get my truck ready for work. Bye!

Joe, this is given with the highest compliment..........you are Da Rockin' Doughboy of DC!!! :):)
Gosh, what a compliment. BTW, I'll be signing autographs on store napkins in front of the bread rack at the Speedway gas station in Mentor, Ohio on Sunday morning from 7:00 a.m. until they chase me out.:LOL::LOL::LOL: Get there early in case the manager is in a foul mood or hung over from the night before. He doesn't know I'm going to be there. it will be a surprise, kind of like Bobby Flay does on his throwdowns. Won't he be surprised to have a celebrity in his filling station store????

Gosh, what a compliment. BTW, I'll be signing autographs on store napkins in front of the bread rack at the Speedway gas station in Mentor, Ohio on Sunday morning from 7:00 a.m. until they chase me out.:LOL::LOL::LOL: Get there early in case the manager is in a foul mood or hung over from the night before. He doesn't know I'm going to be there. it will be a surprise, kind of like Bobby Flay does on his throwdowns. Won't he be surprised to have a celebrity in his filling station store????

YOu are too funny...........:):)

No, no, no, no... I LMAO when I read that, because it's my middle daughter's favorite saying in a conversation. I'll say something which astonishes her, and the immediate reply is "Oh shut up." It's her way of saying "Wow" or "Oh, really?"

No offense taken here, because I know exactly what was meant by that statement.

I better get off this 'puter and get my truck ready for work. Bye!

Cool. If I leave now, I'll definately get there in time and be able to catch 8 hours sleep.
Will you sign my loaf????

Hey "Doughboy of DC" which Speedway??? The one by the freeway, by Lakeshore or by Heisley?? Inquiring minds want to know. This I've got to see. :LOL: I take it your wife will still be out of town?:ohmy:

Barb

Back
Top Bottom