No-Fat Banana Loaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Goodweed's No-Fat Banana Bread
Made this yesterday on a whim. I didn't intend to make it no-fat but forgot to add the fat while making the batter. I tried a few things differently than with the traditional "Audio's Banana Bread" recipe that I'd gotten from a lady who used to be a part of DC. Oh, and if you don't have that recipe, let me know. I'll post it. It's a wonderful banana bread recipe.

What I did differently is that I used a stick blender to liquify four very-ripe bananas, and used confectioner's sugar in place of ordinary sugar. I also omitted the fat, again my accident. And finally, I changed the flavor profile by using mace in the batter. The result was was a silky smooth and moist banana loaf with a wonderfully different flavor, more complex than simple bananas and cinamon. Try this recipe for something a little luxurious. Maybe serve it up with a drizzle of good ganache spooned over top.

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
4 very ripe bananas
2 large eggs
1 tbs. double-acting baking powder
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. cinamon
1/2 tsp. mace
1 cup water

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Mash four bananas in a non-reactive bowl until smooth and creamy. Using a stick blender will speed this process considerably. Add the water and eggs, and stir until incorporated into the bananas using a balloon whisk or the stick blender. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until smooth. Grease and flour the loaf pan. Pour the batter in to fill 3/4 full. Use the remaining batter to make a couple of pancakes, for a treat while you are waiting for the loaf to cook. Place the loaf pan into the oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Test with a butter knife. If it comes out clean after inserting it into the loaf, the banana bread is done. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Yum.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Great minds GW, I was just going to post my banana oatmeal cake/loaf recipe when I saw this. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom