Poll - What Is Your Favorite Stuffing/Dressing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What Is Your Favorite Stuffing/Dressing? - Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
marmalady said:
stale white bread, torn up, and lots of celery and onion sauteed in butter, with a little chicken broth added; then lots of sage, marjoram, and thyme.

This is my favorite kind of stuffing. To me stuffing and mashed potatoes with gravy is the best part of the Thanksgiving meal. I can do without all the other partsof the meal as long as I can have my stuffing and mashed potatoes. Bring on the carb overload for the day. :LOL:

Our traditional is pretty much as Marmalady described, but willing to give anything a go.

We did try a commercial (out of a box) stuffing once, spoiled the chook. Won't do that again.

My favorite stuffing is made with sweet brown rice (glutinous), chinese sausage, black fungus, shitake mushrooms, onions, celery and poultry seasoning. The ingredients can vary, but this is a basic recipe that has been handed down from my grandparents. Most people who try is think it superior to the traditional American stuffing, although I like that too.

simpleisbest said:
My favorite stuffing is made with sweet brown rice (glutinous), chinese sausage, black fungus, shitake mushrooms, onions, celery and poultry seasoning. The ingredients can vary, but this is a basic recipe that has been handed down from my grandparents. Most people who try is think it superior to the traditional American stuffing, although I like that too.

Welcome to DC, simpleisbest. Hope you will enjoy the site as much as I do. This sounds delish and unique. Have never tried Chinese sausage. Would like to learn more. Could you share the recipe with us in the bread catagory. I'd like to give it a try. Thank you.

I like mine the way my Grandma on my Dad's side, my Mother, and my Dad made their stuffing, with torn stale bread, turkey broth, , a couple freshe eggs, sage, thyme, salt, pepper, giblets, pork breadfast sausage, fehsly chopped celery and onion. Unfortunately, though I know what goes in, I can't get the flavor right.

It either comes out too strong or too weak. I can't pre-test as there is raw egg in the mix. I like it cooked in the bird, or in a casserole dish, baked.

Fortunately, I've got a few "traditional dressing" recipes from my freinds here. I'll be trying one this coming Thanksgiving. My turkeys may be perfect, but my dressing needs work.:glare:

Oh, and my favorite way to eat leftover stuffing is to put it between two slices of good whole wheat bread with sliced turkey and a bit of salt, add some Miracle Whip, and once in a great while, some iceburgh lettuce. Almost as good as a liverwurst, tomato, and lettuce sandwich. Yum.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Dressing can be tricky, Weed. It took me a long time to get the hang of it. It really helps to start with a recipe, and after you get the hang of it, you can make adjustments.

I've eaten plenty of raw egg in cookie dough, but I find raw dressing a little too challenging. :sick:

Back
Top Bottom