Poll - What Is Your Favorite Stuffing/Dressing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What Is Your Favorite Stuffing/Dressing? - Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mish

Washing Up
What is your favorite stuffing/Dressing?

Traditional

Cornbread

Oyster/Clams (Seafood)

Wild Rice

Sausage/Chorizo

Currents/Fruit and Nuts (Raisins, Apples, Cranberries, etc.)

Veggie/Mushroom

Couscous

Out Of A Box

Other

from that list of choices, I would go a "deviled" oyster "dressing" cooked in casserole. But In my family I am alone in that liking so, ... I just eat smoked oysters in the corner by myself...

Robo410 said:
from that list of choices, I would go a "deviled" oyster "dressing" cooked in casserole. But In my family I am alone in that liking so, ... I just eat smoked oysters in the corner by myself...

I love oyster dressing, Robo. Could you share the recipe? TIA

(I posted a topic under bread for Show Me Your Stuffing, if any one would like to contribute.)

I like the traditional stuffing... it has to be cooked in the bird though.

Traditional, here, too. My family likes it very plain. I do like adding dried cranberries to it, though. And mine has to be crunchy on top. :rolleyes:

Day after, cold from the fridge is still the best, though!

This might sound a little silly, but, what are ya'll refering to as traditional?
I always thought that my mammaw did traditional with cornbread.

She cooks the cornbread, then mixes it with herbs, eggs, celery, onion, broth from the turkey juices and not sure what all else.

Stuffing

It's my favorite part of the meal. And being from Lancaster County, PA, I want plain old bread "filling". Just bread, butter, celery, onions, broth, & some seasoning. That's it - no extra, added stuff! They don't do things that way up here in New England! And it upsets me every year because someone else always has to make the stuffing!
One of my husband's favorite parts of the meal is scalloped oysters. That was a new one on me, too! I found an excellent recipe for them last year.

I like a sausage meat and apple stuffing, but my favourite for chicken and turkey is plain old British sage and onion stuffing: bread crumbs, onions, chopped fresh sage leaves and freshly milled black pepper. I don't like stuffing cooked inside the bird, I always cook it separately.

For us it is traditional bread style with a kick, fresh sage sausage, cream of mushroom soup, fresh slice muchrooms, heavy on the onions, fresh farm eggs, lots of fresh sage and ground black pepper. Roasted in the bird of course....

Corinne, please share your scalloped oyster recipe...I love them, but haven't been happy with the recipes I've tried.
My favorite stuffing is "Dorothy Jean's Chicken Casserole". I've posted the recipe here a couple of times. At Thanksgiving, I usually add oysters to it in addition to the chicken.
I like my stuffing cooked separately from the bird. I want it with a good crust on the bottom, moist inside, and browned on the top.
I love the stuff so much I can eat it cold!

My favourite stuffing is the one with chestnut... precooked and crumbled ones mixed with shredded onion and carrots and bread crumbs, herbs... we love chestnuts and it really complements the turkey nicely...

traditional, cornbread, and wild rice. My mom does her little asian flair with her turkey. She does a sticky rice with peas, chinese sausage, and a few other things. I like that also.

texasgirl said:
This might sound a little silly, but, what are ya'll refering to as traditional?
I always thought that my mammaw did traditional with cornbread.

She cooks the cornbread, then mixes it with herbs, eggs, celery, onion, broth from the turkey juices and not sure what all else.

Sowwy - shoulda' realized that 'traditional' means different things in different parts of the country! Traditional to an ex-Pennsylvanian is a stuffing made of stale white bread, torn up, and lots of celery and onion sauteed in butter, with a little chicken broth added; then lots of sage, marjoram, and thyme.

I've tweaked it from gramma's recipe by adding some onion powder and garlic powder, and fresh chopped parsley at the end. Always done in a casserole dish, never the bird, for crunchies!

traditional, but with walnuts and mushrooms and sage, and the bread cant be those dry cubies you buy in the box... got to tear it yourself for the right texture.

Traditional

I would have to choose the traditional stuffing. I love to make it from scratch. My family and I make stuffing alot and not just for thanksgiving. We'll have it with a wide varietie of foods like chicken, beef, lamb, and sometimes with spaghetti. But we definatly make it every holiday. MMMMMMMMM...STUFFING.:chef:

traditional is the local custom you are used to. if one were scandinavian, a traditional roast bird dressing would have nuts and fruits such as almonds and prunes or apples, mixed with the breading and savories.

anyone here do a traditional chocolate marshmallow graham cracker stuffing??

Back
Top Bottom