Poll: Your Favorite Muffin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your favorite muffin?

• Total voters

jkath

Hospitality Queen
All this muffin talk lately has got me thinking...
What's your favorite muffin?

(I know I must have forgotten a few, but out of these choices....which do you like?)

I love 'em all, but Blueberry still is my favorite!

Last edited:
Absolutely, positively, pumpkin is my favorite. I love pumpkin chocolate chip also, Safeway used to make a delicious one about 15 years ago when I was still working. I would indulge myself a few days a week and go there and get a couple, so I would have one for after lunch and one that night to have with a cup of coffee for a sweet snack.

Never had the pumpkin, haven't seen one, but, I bet I would love that one.
Right now, I like the banana nut muffins.

I picked the apple one.. but, I also love bran muffins and chocolate chip ones and banana, and any of the above with some cream cheese. I'm not to picky.

Kay, I must visit Cherryvale and eat in your restaurant.

Now, others - what's all this about cream cheese in muffins? Never heard of it before.
Have I been unjustly deprived?

I had a terrible time choosing, as I love them all!!! My pick would be different at any given time, but I just pictured myself going up to a breakfast bar, and only being able to choose one, so tonight I chose pumpkin.

:) Barbara

We can't do poppyseed here since hubby is subject to random drug tests and he would want to eat them. Poppyseed can cause false positives in drug screens. Liz

I just saw that on Mythbusters. Only they did it with poppyseed bagels. Very cool! Guess they don't serve those at the athletes village at the Olympics either.

Ohh, it's too hard to choose. I would take any of them. Though I have never had a muffin with a cream cheese filling. Maybe someone can post a recipe in the muffin section for me??

I've only had the flat donut type things that have cream cheese in them.

I choose lemon poppyseed. But really my favorite is almond poppyseed. Muffins are great for breakfast or a snack. A muffin that I make alot is the buttermilk oatmeal. It is a great breakfast muffin. Awhile back I made the rum raisin muffin recipe that kansasgirl posted. It was wonderful and I am not a big fan of raisins in baked goods.

htc said:
Ohh, it's too hard to choose. I would take any of them. Though I have never had a muffin with a cream cheese filling. Maybe someone can post a recipe in the muffin section for me??

I've only had the flat donut type things that have cream cheese in them.

htc, in the link below is a recipe for Cheese Danish Muffins, plus a few other recipes.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10530

I picked blueberry, as that's what I prefer, but, I have over 60 different muffin recipes on my HDD.

Out of the regularly found variations, my favourite is Blueberry... however I used to work in a cafe which specialized with oatbran based muffins, and among numbers of selections they had "Vanilla Coconut muffins" covered with luscious icing... rather sinful but they were decidedly delicious!!

Cranberry orange for me, too.

Mud, the cream cheese filled are a lot like those black eyed susan cupcakes (or black bottom cupcakes) where there's a dollop of a sweetened cream cheese mixture plopped in the middle of the muffin batter. The batter bakes up and around the cream cheese making it the filling. Vrey tasty!

urmaniac - would you happen to have the Vanilla Coconut Muffin recipe?

Sierra - love the little spinning smilie!

Back
Top Bottom