Potato Bread? Where is it available?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elf

Senior Cook
Not sure this is the right area to ask this but goes.
Can you but Potato bread in other areas of the US?
In the MD, PA, DEL, VA area we can buy potato bread which is similar to white bread except it is made from potato and is not filled with all of those mystery ingredients to incrase its' nutrational value. And the big pus it is nor gummy.

Very interesting. It appears that th East Coast and the West Coast and Texas have it but not the Mid West. Thanks for the input, several people said it was regional.

We have it in all the grocery stores here, in fact, I have a loaf of it right now, "Old Style."

We have it in Colorado, or at least Denver, and I know they have it in Washington, Oregon and California

Anyone old like me and remember the chain of donut shops called "Spudnut"? Donuts made with potato flour. They were fairly common on the west coast in the 60s, but I haven't seen one in 30 years now.

They have Publix in Galena IL? Cool.
I loved Publix. That's something else I miss about Fl. When you went to Publix and say, they had packages of B&S chix breasts out in 3 packs and you only needed 2 that day. If you went to the meat window and asked then to break down the pkg, they'd do it with a smile and off you'd go. I tried that here in Tx at Tom Thumb and Kroger and got nasty looks from the meat guy and both said that they came from the warehouse that way and there was nothing they could do about it. Which sounded to me like he said "to heck with you"

I'm sure I've seen it in the markets here. I'm going shopping tomorrow and I'll check to confirm. As someone else already said, why not make your own. I've been doing that for years, which is why I don't know what's available on my markets' shelves.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom