REC Cinnamon Rolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
These are extremely rich. I've only made them once but I will make them again!

1 C milk (room temp)
1/4 C water (room temp)
1/4 C butter, softened
1 egg
1 tsp salt
4 C AP flour
1/4 C instant vanilla pudding (I used French Vanilla)
1 Tbs sugar
1 Tbs yeast

Filling:
1/4 C butter, softened (I didn't measure, I just slapped it on)
1 C packed brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

Frosting (I used canned, I had it on hand)
4 oz cream cheese
1/4 C butter, softened
1 1/2 C powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

In a bread machine, place milk, water, butter, egg, salt, flour, pudding, sugar, and yeast. Select dough setting. When cycle is complete, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 17 x 10 inch rectangle. Spread on butter and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll up jelly roll-style, starting with the long side and pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices. Place slices, cut side down, into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes. Bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Frost warm rolls and enjoy!

Here's another cinn-roll recipe posted a while ago by one of our members, Audeo, who's no long active on the boards; they're absolutely over the top!

Cinnamon Roll Dough

2 tablespoons yeast (I use Saf-Instant)
1 cup warm water (115-degrees F.)
1 cup granulated sugar, divided
1 cup milk
1 cup butter
2 teaspoons salt
2 eggs slightly beaten
6 cups all-purpose flour

In a small bowl, combine yeast, warm water and 1 teaspoon of the sugar. Stir and set aside.

In a large bowl, mix milk, remaining sugar, butter, salt and eggs. Stir well. Add yeast mixture to bowl and 3 cups of the flour; beat until smooth. Add additional flour until dough is stiff. Knead dough on well-floured board for 10 minutes. Place dough in bowl and cover. Set in a warm place until double in bulk, about 1 1/2 hours.

Punch down dough and let it rest for 5 minutes. Roll dough on a floured surface to a 15-by-20-inch rectangle. (Don't use too much flour or the dough will get stiff.)

Add filling to top of dough to within 1/2 inch of all sides, then roll up and cut evenly into rolls. Place into a well-buttered 9x12-inch baking pan and allow to rise until doubled. Brush tops gently with butter, then bake in a preheated 350-degree (F) oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until golden.

I like just cinnamon in my rolls, so my filling is:

1 cup dark brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup
cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter

Last edited:
Quote-- Brush tops gently with butter, then bake in a preheated 3500-degree (F) oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until golden.

May I use a 350 degree oven?

Charlie

Hungry said:
Quote-- Brush tops gently with butter, then bake in a preheated 3500-degree (F) oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until golden.

May I use a 350 degree oven?

Charlie

Whoopsie! You certainly may!:rolleyes:

Well I guess I'd say my rolls were a success.....I set them out at 7:30 this morning and by 8 I was washing the pan!!!

Back
Top Bottom