Recipe - Turkey Reuben

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Erik

Sous Chef
Turkey Reubens (4 sandwiches)

8 pieces Marble Rye (lightly buttered)

8 slices Mozzerella Cheese

1 lb Sliced Turkey

Cole Slaw

4 T 1000 Island Dressing

Heat griddle to 350 degrees. Lay bread, butter side down on griddle. Center 1 piece of cheese on each bread. Grill turkey on griddle. Top 4 pieces of with equal amounts of Cole Slaw, then add 1 T of 1000 Island on the other 4 pieces. Distrubute turkey evenly on top of pieces with slaw. Top with other pieces. Cut and serve.

sounds good erik. a few diners near me call a grilled chicken reuben a "rodeo reuben". (i'm not sure why. i keep picturing a little chicken with a cowboy hat, bandana, and a gunbelt). they are very tasty, and slightly healthier for you than the traditional pastrami or corned beef.

buckytom said:
sounds good erik. a few diners near me call a grilled chicken reuben a "rodeo reuben". (i'm not sure why. i keep picturing a little chicken with a cowboy hat, bandana, and a gunbelt). they are very tasty, and slightly healthier for you than the traditional pastrami or corned beef.
I had somebody order a Chicken Reuben last night. Looked pretty good.

I now also am envisioning the "Cowboy Chicken". He's lassoing the sandwich out of somebody's hands as we speak. :D

Back
Top Bottom