Salami sandwich idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
My girls the kids and I had such a nice lunch today..Our first of I hope many outside around the pool.
We split sourdough rolls, then we fired up the oven..We had some roasted red and yellow bells cut in thin slices and mixed with red wine vinegar and crushed garlic, salt and pepper and left to meld.We took a hard thin sliced Italian salami and put it on a half of a roll,we then put some sliced roma tomatoes on top of the meat, followed by some of the peppers then topped the peppers with a slice of mozzarella...Put each slice open faced on a baking sheet and baked til the mozz melted and bubbled. We took them out of the oven and drizzled the evoo and garlic over them topped that with arugula, put on the other half of the roll and kind of smooshed them down to get our mouths around them..We cut them in half and pigged out...They were yummy...Ice tea and slices of cold tuscan melon and everyone was content:LOL:

kadesma, now what to do for dinner:-p

They tasted sooooo good. Now to figure out what's for dinner???:LOL:

kadesma

Uncle Bob said:
Whats for dinner????

Beef
Well, since it's so nice, and we can eat outside, I've decided on some corn tortillas, with shredded pork,diced white onion,chopped cilantro and an avocado sauce with a little bit of serrano chile,salt and lime juice, and just a shedded lettuce salad and white rice in chicken broth, and sauteed onions and garlic..Dessert will be a peach cobbler using frozen peaches..

kadesma:)

kadesma said:
now what to do for dinner:-p

After 2 days of A/C running, I'm in the mood for a big cold pitcher of Sangria... then I dunno :LOL: Who's in? :-p

Don't need the A/C yet but getting there:cool: I'm IN!!!

kadesma

Ali said:
Your Salami sandwich sounds really good. Thank you for sharing.

~Ali
Thank you Ali,
I hope you give it a try sometime.

kadesma:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom