The Hot Dog Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Honestly, I prefer the stuff Bangbang doesn't want to talk about. But, if it has to be a dog, then:

I don't really eat enough to be picky about the brand. I prefer mine grilled/flame-broiled. I'll eat them steamed or boiled. I really love Wolf-Brand canned chili (I know, I know, it's mystery meat, but I grew up eating the stuff, and love it for dogs) on top, with some shredde cheddar. Since we don't have any (other half never buys it, I don't have the cash to), I'll make do with some BBQ. When we have them at work, I'll usually get some sweet relish. I don't care about the bun, as long as it's soft.

We have several "Coney Island" restaurants here. The "usual" dog is coney sauce, chopped onions, and mustard. I'll eat them if I have no other option, as my other half, her mom, and the old boys are addicted to them, and buy them by the dozen.

They're all called "Coney Island", followed by the owners name or location. I think they're a franchise.

I'm originally from another part of the country, so my tastes are just plain different. I honestly don't think my and my other half will ever see eye-to-eye on some aspects of food.

Hot Dogs

:D :LOL: My favorite hot dog comes from Greensboro, N.C. The place is called Yum Yums, college students are always tlking about this place, it is on the campus of the university of N.C..at Greens, never liked hot dogs before I tried theirs. I like Ball Park, SAUERKRUT, ONIONS MY HOME MADE CHILI, kETCHUP, BYT NOT hEINZ THE OTHER ONE hUNTS.

sONGBIRD :LOL:

Linda, I'll have to drop you off a sample of our hotdog stuff, next time I'm in Winston.

My favorite hotdogs are Big City Reds or Nathans. I like mine with hot and spicy ketchup, plain yellow mustard, dill pickle relish, and lots of onions on a regular hotdog bun. Cheese is also good on a hotdog. At the Portola Frosty in Portola, CA I usually get a hotdog with tomatoes, red onion, cheese, ketchup, and yellow mustard. Standing or sitting it does not matter. Price depends on the type of dog and how hungry I am.

SC

lol@Rainee trying to sell her hotdog sauce... I should get some too.. There is a place here in town called "Johnny's Texas Hots".. they sell their sauce too and won't give out the recipe.. it's yummmmmy!!!.. they've been in business for eons..

I have chili in the freezer.. gave me another idea of how to use the leftovers.. :D

Another idea which I used to make as a lunch item many years ago, when I used to cook and waitress is called the dog burger... you split a hot dog down the middle, not cutting through. Place some cheese in the middle (I use just sliced american cheese split into quarters to fit in hotdog properly).. then wrap with a slice of bacon... secure with toothpicks and fry.. it's fabulous!!!

hot dogs, Rainee

I just saw your web site. I was very impressed. I was born in Gastonia, and spent a lot of time in Charlotte, I saw all the awards you folks have. I am proud to say, I am glad I am from your neck of the woods, Can't wait to try the hot dog chow chow, looks great////// :D :LOL:

Songbird

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom