Time for a favorite Sandwich Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bangbang

Executive Chef
Ok....what are yours?....how do you make them?

1. Triple Decker BLT. I use Mayo and thick sliced bacon from the butcher. The leaner the better. Sometimes I use fresh sour dough rye.

2. High In The Sky Pastrami and Corned Beef on Rye with yellow mustard from the Bread Basket. Best sandwiches on the planet.

3. Bangs Bacon and Egg Sandwich I use two yokes and one white fried in bacon grease. Place the cooked egg on White or Rye Toast. Add three slices bacon and a good splash of worcestershire sauce cover with other slice of toast and enjoy.

4. Peanutbutter,bacon,and banana sandwich

Double patty melt on well buttered wheat toast
BLT w/ lots of juicy tomatoes
Grilled cheese w/tomatoes
Ham & swiss on sourdough w/lettuce, tomato, mustard, mayo, & dill weed
Peanutbutter & strawberry jam(or homemade blackberry jam) on extremly fresh bread
Deviled egg
Grilled pimento cheese

Hamburger is the 1st for me. But others would include (open face) buttered bread with sliced hard boiled egg, caviar and dill sprig; bread, anchovey paste, crumbled egg yoke; bread with butter, scrambled egg with caviar and dill sprig; havarti toasted till melted in the toaster oven with chopped green olives, klamata, sun dried tomatoes on top. I also like the new chicken at Quisnos. Also like the pannini with almost anything.

Toasted bacone and tomato, with mayo, dill pickle on the side

Monte Cristo, (two cuts of French Toast, with ham and cheese placed between, and fried...)

Stacked delimeats (shavedham smoked chicken, garlic beef, the list is endless) with mustard, white onion, mayo and sandwich pickles, on buttered warmed large crusty rolls

The humble, but simple and tasty, peanut butter with bananas...bacon for Bang only...)

Lifter

Lifter said:
Toasted bacone and tomato, with mayo, dill pickle on the side

Monte Cristo, (two cuts of French Toast, with ham and cheese placed between, and fried...)

Lifter, I have not had a Monte Cristo for years, I used to love them. Might have to make one, I have not see them on a menu for ages. I bacone a typo or meato.

Bratburger. Johnsonville brat cut in half, and a burger on a bun with tomato, ketchup, mustard, horseradish, and mayo. They serve this at a place called "Overtime Tap" in my town. One of my old favs is a pizza burger.

"Maestro" of typing, I am not...more like "Meathead"...

Consider "bacone" to be the French Canadian variant, and this spelled appropriately...

Lifter

meatloaf w/ketchup, cold on white bread

blt on white toast

grilled cheese

avacado, thinly sliced provolone, tomato, sprouts, mayo on multi-grain sweet bread, grilled or warmed in microwave

Mine changes all the time. I really enjoy an Italian Beef, with a nice piece of Italian Sausage, on a hoagie roll, topped with a small amount of marinara, provolone cheese, toasted golden brown!!!!!! YUM!!!!!!

Garlic bologna with spicy hot mustard, mayo, lettuce on whole wheat bread.

salami, smoked gouda cheese, red onion slivers, leafy lettuce with pesto on garlic sourdough

Basic BLT

tuna with mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, dill, celery, green onions, pepper on whole wheat with lettuce.

Grilled cheese with thinly sliced tomatoes would have to be my all time favorite. I had one for dinner last night at work; the cooks laugh at me when I order them. (I work at a local Bar & Grill three nights a week, slinging drinks and food. I got fed up with the whole corporate Tech BS world a year ago. I'm living the simple life now and loving it!!!)

Second would have to be variations on the same theme. A panini on Italian artisan bread with fresh mozzerlla and basil and a drizzle of olive oil is good stuff too!

Oh and the humble fried egg sammich on toast with a smear of mayo or horseradish!

;)

A Chicken or Pork Salad Roll from Hong Ha Bakery in Mascot, Sydney. Go there if you can, the rolls are something else entirely.

Prosciutto or shaved smoked ham with whole egg mayonnaise, red onion, cheese, lettuce and home made semi-dried tomatoes on a Swiss (I think) wholemeal type (I think) loaf lightly toasted.

Red Leicester cheese grilled on toast.

Strawberry (or Raspberry) jam and cheese toasted sandwich. I do not know why so many people turn their noses up at this without trying it...its great!

Smoked ham, strawberry/raspberry jam and cheese toasted sandwich. Yum! Or if you take away the jam, an absolute pile of freshly ground black pepper.

Onion, cheese and pepper toasted sandwich. I am a man of simple tastes sometimes :).

Toasted Turkish bread with ricotta (has to be full-fat, reduced fat ricotta is just wrong) with honey.

Geez - how to pick!

1.Braunsweiger sandwich - toasted dark rye bread, a slathering of mayo, a thick layer of braunsweiger, a thin layer of cottage cheese, several thick slices of red onion, and fresh black pepper.
2.Tuna, light on the mayo, open faced. Thick slab of good melty cheese on top and broiled until bubbly.
3.Roasted veggies (zucchini, tomato, onion, endive) between thick grilled portabello mushrooms with pesto.
4.Bacon, tomato and avocado - enough said.
5.Cinnamon raisin peanut butter with thin apple slices on rye.

Braunsweiger is great but Mayo? Ughhhhh :!: I like it on fresh sour dough rye with a thick slice of red onion and yellow mustard.

Those last two definitely belong on the "breathkiller" thread. :D It does my heart good to find others who share a love of strong flavors (sigh).

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom