#1 song on the year you were born.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sincerely. But what a fun site! It is ironic that I've always said if you looked at my CD collection, you'd add 20 years to my age. I was talking to hubby as I looked this site up, and we cracked up -- we know many more songs from the turn of the 20th century than we do from the turn of the 21st. It is fun to look at the songs from their period in history, and extrapolate what was going on. In the 1890s through 1910 there is almost always a song that is from the US Marine Corps Band (Sousa marches, etc). Three Cheers for the Red White and Blue! At least they made you want to get up and move!

Dove said:
:( didn't go back far enough...

:LOL: Im guessing you were born after the 1890's :)

Ok, my song for 1962 was Johnny Angel, by Shelly Fabres. I remember that song. Wow I feel old when I look at the responses here:LOL:

1961 ... "Hit the Road Jack" by Ray Charles

What's funny is to see some of my favorite songs listed.

Afternoon Delight by Starland Vocal Band! Oh goodness that brings back memories!

Hall and Oats Oh my! Just hearing "Kiss on my List" brings back memories of hot nights at the river and the never ending smell of Coppertone and Campfire smoke! (and the song Rosanna by Toto)

~ Raven ~

Last edited:
I truly couldn't remember any songs from 1971, poor brain development, I suppose! Blame it on the fact that me mummy was a smoker and birfed me 6 weeks early! so below is a whole list of songs, some of which I have never heard of and some of which I fondly recall singing and dancing to as a young lassie! Like Brown Sugar, Stairway to Heaven and Proud Mary! Oh, do I miss those simpler times!

http://www.musicoutfitters.com/topsongs/1971.htm

Mine: 1957 ... "Jailhouse Rock/ Treat Me Nice" by Elvis Presley

James: 1960 ... "My Heart Has a Mind of Its Own" by Connie Francis

My daughter Nancy: 1979 ... "Sad Eyes" by Robert John

The day James and I got married: 2003 ... "In Da Club" by 50 Cent

LOL I think I have heard Sad Eyes, but I have never heard In Da Club.

Oh yeah, on the day I graduated high school it was: 1975 ... "Sister Golden Hair" by America. The day I first talked to James (via computer, March 30, 2000): 2000 ... "Say My Name" by Destiny's Child, and the day I met James face-to-face: 2000 ... "Independent Women Part I" by Destiny's Child. Finally, the day James arrived in SC: 2001 ... "How You Remind Me" by Nickelback.

:) Barbara

When I was born = 1960 ... "My Heart Has a Mind of Its Own" by Connie Francis :(
When I was freed from school = 1979 ... "Hot Stuff" by Donna Summer :cool:

When the trade school was released from me = 1983 ... "Flashdance ... What a Feeling" by Irene Cara :ohmy:

my birth: "oh, pretty woman" by roy orbison.

high school graduation: "ebony and ivory", by p. mccartney and s. wonder

married: "baby boy" by beyonce' f. sean paul

birth of my boy: "yeah" by usher, f. ludacris and lil john

Year I was born 1970 "ABC" by The Jackson 5. Sounds appropriate
Year I graduated from college 1992 ... "Jump" by Kris Kross . Oh yes, I jumped alright into the big world.
Year I got married 1997 ... "Hypnotize" by The Notorious B.I.G. yes I was hypnotized alright.
:LOL:

My Birthday (February 8, 1990)---"Opposites Attract" by Paula Abdul with The Wild Pair

Sister's Birthday (March 24, 1993)---"Informer" by Snow

Started Kindergarten (August 20, 1995)---"Lean Back" by Terror Squad

Graduated 8th Grade (May 18, 2004)---"Burn" by Usher

TODAY! (March 16, 2006)---"So Sick" by Ne-Yo

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom