10 most dangerous foods.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
.......to eat while driving:

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has found that distractions in cars caused about 25% of car crashes. The Response Insurance Agency surveyed drivers in 2000, finding that eating while driving was the No. 2 driving distraction (after fiddling with the radio and before turning to chat with passengers). Some 57% of drivers admitted to eating and driving. A 2001 survey of ExxonMobil (NYSE: XOM) drivers found that nearly three-quarters eat while driving, up from 58% in 1995. A whopping 83% drink non-alcoholic beverages while driving. Some research suggests that dealing with spills and messes is even more troublesome than eating or drinking. Either way, dining at the wheel clearly leads to a lot of trouble.
Here is Insure.com's list of the top offenders:
  1. Coffee
  2. Hot soup
  3. Tacos
  4. Chili
  5. Hamburgers
  6. Barbecued food
  7. Fried chicken
  8. Jelly or cream-filled donuts
  9. Soft drinks
  10. Chocolate
Some make sense, but who eats hot soup while driving?:ohmy: ouch!

I am surprised lobster is not on that list. I find it very hard to crack open the claws and dip the meat in butter while shifting into 5th gear :LOL:

GB said:
I am surprised lobster is not on that list. I find it very hard to crack open the claws and dip the meat in butter while shifting into 5th gear :LOL:

GB, I laughed so hard, I nearly spilled my molten chocolate cake on my dashboard!:ROFLMAO:

:LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Jkath I have a feeling you have seen as many crazy things on the road as I have. That is one thing I think CA and Boston have in common:mrgreen:

Not that I have any experience with this, but I would imagine that un-shelled peanuts would be quite distracting to eat while driving.

Yeesh, I'll start worrying about the foods when they do something about the morons who are aweaving all over the road so they can talk on their cell phones lol although some of them make alot of sense, but really, chocolate???? chocolate is never evil.... don't mess with the chocolate lol...

GB, yep, I think I've seen 'em all. One fav was a yuppie couple driving in their Beemer to work. He (the driver) was shaving, cell phoning and occassionally drinking his Starbucks and she was cell phoning, putting on makeup and smoking while drinking coffee. Maybe that's why we have so many drive through Starbucks around here.

My favorite was a guy who was driving a huge truck that was transporting carnaval rides. He had three large rides on the back. He was in the left lane doing about 90mph while reading a hardback novel which was propped up on the steering wheel :ohmy:

Never mind the carnaval rides, the transportation is scary!
There's another I saw right after I moved to LA county, but this is a family site so I'll stop now.

Well if you asked my g/f what the most dangerous food was, she would say pistachios. It's her favorite nut in the world. She happened to be munching some in the car one day, and dropped on on the floor. In a rage of fear for loss of her precious nut she dove underneath the steering wheel (while in motion) to retrieve her treasure. Then oops! Accident! Thank god she was going slow, no damage to anyone, and got her head out from underneath the wheel.

Interesting list indeed! I'm a bit surprised that French fries are not on there, primarily because of the whole distraction that comes from dipping them into ketchup :-p

Back
Top Bottom