2009 is not off to a good start...lol...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
:LOL::LOL:or:(:(

1. our ditch flooded
2. our waterbed flooded again
3. our dishwasher overflow...over flew
4. as I was leaving safeway today...

I was in the cross walk and

an old lady in a large Bronco type truck decided NOT to look where she was going and HIT my shopping cart HARD! Tore it right out of my hands.... whipped my arm and shoulder around behind my neck...groceries flew out of the cart... She stopped and said "OH, I didn't even see you"
and "I'm as upset as you are!".... I picked up my bread and when I was bent over she LEFT!!!! I thought she was moving her car to park...nope she LEFT!!!! A policeman was happened to drive by and I stopped him. Another lady had written down the licensenplate number... I spent 45 minutes standing in the rain filling out accident reports....and then 3 hours in the emergency room!! I'm fine. I just have a bad neck strain and a DRs. promise that I"m going to feel like crap tomorrow. But, the RX for Vicodine should make me feel better...sigh...

oh...did I mention we have people coming to spend the night in two hours and I haven't even started dinner or house cleaning?

Oh dear - maybe you need to get Paul to do the house cleaning & dinner. Hope you get better soon and the rest of January will be much happier.

Holy holy holy moly! I'm glad you are OK. How scary! I hope they find her. Did you know the fine (here anyway) for entering a marked crosswalk while a pedestrian is in it is over $500? I hope she gets that and more! Stupid so and so!

Holy cow, Trish!!! If I lived near you, I'd be there in a heartbeat to clean anything you want. But, duh, your guests will certainly understand if everything isn't like the Hilton.

Hope the broad who did this gets what she deserves.:(

Tell me about it. We spent New Year's Day at the closest Emergency Veterinary Hospital we could find with one of our dogs who was having a life-threatening allergic reaction to something. Six hours & $200+ later, we were picking up a quick meal when the waitress chimed that 2009 was going to be a great year. To which my husband responded "well, it's not looking that way so far. . . . .":LOL:

I think she must have called her husband...cuz guess who went to the police station after she left safeway.... My nice policeman called me!!

Wow, what a horrible day! Well, here's hoping you've gotten all your troubles out of the way for the year.

I hope they find the woman who hit you and take her license away.

Take care of yourself and feel better soon!

This is awful! It's a wonder you weren't more seriously injured! But I suspect you will feel really "beat up" by the morning (maybe even by tonight.) Be sure and take it easy even if the real pain hasn't hit you yet - you could do further damage. I'm not worried about tonight, though, because everyone knows what a sweetheart Paul is and I know he will take exceptional care of you.

Oh man, i'm so sorry to hear about what happened to you! Did they tell you to ice up your shoulder and REST??? You have an excuse to sit with your feet up and watch TV!!! Hang in there! And use your excuse to just rest!

They said heat and ice....so I think hot baths and sitting in front of the fireplace doing nothing is a great idea!

Don't sign off on any insurance yet. I was in an accident, thought the stiffness and pain was temporary. Well, four and a half years after the accident, I ended up having a spinal fusion in my neck, dead man's bone/titanium. I spent those years in pain, thinking I was going to get better any day. It was a whiplash-type injury. No bruising, no overt signs of injury, just chronic pain. After my surgery, I had to sue the insurance company just to get my medical bills paid. I just about went insane.
Better now.

Oh Pds how aweful. Can't believe she left like that. Hope they catch her. Feel better soon. Remind me later and I'll tell you what happened to me this year.

Why bother cleaning? How important can that be especially given that you're injured? I doubt your friends will notice that the house isn't immaculate and not even care. Don't sweat the small stuff. Take care of what's important. Get carry out and enjoy what's left of a very bad day. Buy a nice bottle of wine to go with whatever you get for dinner.

She went to the police station on her own... the police are sending me her insurance information in the mail tomorrow.

thanks guys...coming here and being able to say OUCH! Helps a lot!!

Back
Top Bottom