30th birthday for dh, ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
So...
dh is turning 30 on Sunday.

I bought him a nice coffee table book that he mentioned he wanted months ago. He probably forgot about it, so it'll be a nice surprise.

Kids painted him a plate at a paint your own pottery place.

Will make him his favorite birthday meal.

I'd like to incorporate something 30, if you get my drift. I thought about 30 photo for 30 years but I don't have enough time for that. I'd have to get in touch with fil for dh's baby photos. Maybe that is something I'll have to keep in mind for the 40th.

Any ideas for the number 30?
Thanks all!

30 red roses sent to the fire station?

30 pieces of his favorite candy?

30 coupons for kisses and hugs or chores around the house?

A 30 minute back rub?

Happy Birthday To Hubby!

I don't know if your DH likes beer but you could get him a 30 pack. When my brother-in-law had his 60th birthday they got him "two" 30 packs. He loved it.:rolleyes:

Our oldest son collects things that pertain to his birth year...1970. Maybe you could find some things relative to 1977. How about searching for a newspaper of the day and year of his birth? Here's a link that might help: NewspaperRemembered for your personalized newspapers with Personalized Certificate of Authenticity..

Find out what was popular in clothing, music, entertainment, etc. for 1977 and see it anything in those areas match some of his interests.

Good luck and have fun. I love doing special things for people on their birthday.

Maybe a list in nice print of things you think are really special about him, perhaps illustrated a bit.
You can find lots of different pics on google 'images'.
The children could share in making the list.

Corazon, your husband is a firefighter? I ask because my dad is a short-timer and some of my buddies are firefighters as well. I have a couple ideas in that respect.

This is kind of smart-alecky, but consider the source.

For my lady friends turning 30, I always like to give a Barbie doll in a coffin.
A Ken doll, similarly furnished, would not be out of line.

How about something musical? I don't know what he might be into, but there is always:

30 Seconds to Mars
"Greatest Hits: 30 Years of Rock" - George Thorogood
"Born to Run: 30th Anniversary Edition" - Bruce Springsteen
"The Godfather: Trilogy: 30th Anniversary (New Digital Recordings)
(just go to Amazon or someplace and put "30" in the search)

I love my new portable media player (Zen Vision: M) and, while it isn't related to "30", I would recommend something like this or an iPod or something, if that's the kind of money you're thinking of... Oh, and I wanna new digital camera, too. The pixels have gone up and the prices are fairly low now.

How about a year-long pass to a local car wash? (I don't know if these are available, but I like the idea)

Z

mudbug said:
This is kind of smart-alecky, but consider the source.

For my lady friends turning 30, I always like to give a Barbie doll in a coffin.
A Ken doll, similarly furnished, would not be out of line.
The people I know turning 30 are our friends kids. My youngest child is 35. :LOL:

Corazon, my suggestion for your husband's birthday is to get yourself a sexy little outfit and a baby sitter for Friday or Saturday night. It will do you both good.

DampCharcoal said:
Corazon, your husband is a firefighter? I ask because my dad is a short-timer and some of my buddies are firefighters as well. I have a couple ideas in that respect.
Yep, he is a firefighter.
Constance said:
Corazon, my suggestion for your husband's birthday is to get yourself a sexy little outfit and a baby sitter for Friday or Saturday night. It will do you both good.
lol Constance! I can't imagine the "sexy little outfit" idea. While it's a great idea to go out, I'm not sure who in the world I'd get to babysit! I'm sure through the fire dept, dh knows of good babysitters but we live 45 minutes out of town. It makes it very difficult. To boot, for xmas we were given a $50 gift certificate to one of our favorite restaurants that we still haven't used.

Anyone up for babysitting my boys?

I second what Constance said, and use the gift card to the restaurant and get that babysitter! :)

Oh and the sexy outfit for sure!

Well Cora, you still have some days... do you think you can manage to compile either a scrap book or a powerpoint presentation (maybe to a background music of "Chariots of Fire" theme, as he is quite an athlete, and isn't that music about 30 year old?) dedicated to his life? That would be something truly special and unique to him...:)

csalt said:
Maybe a list in nice print of things you think are really special about him, perhaps illustrated a bit.

I ADORE this idea! "30 Reasons Why We Love You", which you and the kids have written. Then framed.

Great idea, csalt!

Lee

csalt said:

I took csalt's gift advice for dh. 30 things we love about you. He loved it! Said it was the best gift he's ever recieved! I put it out in his woodshop and taped it to the back of the door, where it will stay for a long time. He tends to go out there when he's frustrated with the kids, so this will be a great way to lift his spirits when he's feeling like that.

Thanks everyone for the great ideas! Now I'm set for ideas the next few years. :LOL:

corazon, that's good knews to hear . I'm so glad both you, he and the children liked that idea.:) How lovely to surprise him with it on the back of the door>

Once, for one of our wedding anniversaries I did a nice print version of Elizebeth Barrett Browning's poem "How Do I Love Thee, Let Me Count The Ways" and framed it to give to DH. He really liked that . It's a lovely poem; one I like very much. I love poetry anyway.:)

corazon said:
I took csalt's gift advice for dh. 30 things we love about you. He loved it! Said it was the best gift he's ever recieved! I put it out in his woodshop and taped it to the back of the door, where it will stay for a long time. He tends to go out there when he's frustrated with the kids, so this will be a great way to lift his spirits when he's feeling like that.

Thanks everyone for the great ideas! Now I'm set for ideas the next few years. :LOL:

Awwwwwwwwww, how cool!

And where do YOU go, when you're frustrated with the kids?

Lee

That was a really special, cute and considerate gift, Cora... (and compliments to csalt!) glad you guys enjoyed a wonderful birthday, and made your b-day boy very happy!!:)

I missed this post originally. Thanks for bumping up corazon! It's a great feel story that reminds me why we love DC!

QSis said:
Awwwwwwwwww, how cool!

And where do YOU go, when you're frustrated with the kids?

Lee
I study modern dance and ballet.
I don't get as easily frustrated but when it gets to be a bit much I go take a dance class. It's almost like meditation to me. I'm not doing anything but dancing and my mind is clear. It is a great release. I have class twice a week and recently been rehearsing for an upcoming show.

Back
Top Bottom