Did you know ??
Experts say: "Only one other land animal cries: the elephant. Marine animals that cry include seals, sea otters, and sal****er crocodiles (the so-called 'crocodile tears'). All of these animals cry only to get rid of salt. However, one scientist, Dr. G. W. Steller, a zoologist at Harvard University, thinks that sea otters are capable of crying emotional tears. According to Dr. Steller, 'I have sometimes deprived females of their young on purpose, sparing the lives of their mothers, and they would weep over their affliction just like human beings.'"
1. on average, how many miles does a banana travel before being eaten?
2. can you name the four presidents who came into the office never having been elected to, or served in, any other elected office?
3. only three fruits native to north america are grown commercially; what are they?
4. who wrote, "the power of myth"?
5. what "x-files" spin-off demonstrated that three geeks were not very interesting by themselves?
6. insects have compound ones; arachnids have simple ones...................what are they?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
abe lincoln is the only US president facing right on an american coin because he was assassinated.
1. 4,000 miles (3,000 miles?)
2. GRANT, EISENHOWER, hoover, zachary taylor
3. CONCORD GRAPES (grapes?)
CRANBERRIES, blueberries (apples?)
4. BILL MOYERS
5. "THE LONE GUNMEN"
the direction lincoln faced was nothing more than the choice of the artist.
lincoln's likeness on the penny was adapted from a plaque sculpted by artist victor david brenner.
president theodore roosevelt was so impressed with the plaque that he recommended to the secretary of the treasury that it's design be placed on a coin to be issued in the lincoln centennial year, 1909.
“I come from a home where gravy is a beverage.”
― Erma Bombeck