did you know..............
in 1980, the USA, compared to the 26 "industrialized" nations, had the largest percentage of population in the "middle class".
at year-end, 2004, our "middle class" ranked 24th among those same 26 nations.
1. what's the name of director chris columbus' production company?
2. to which state must i travel in order to visit the international swimming hall of fame?
3. what famous ruler oversaw the construction of the temple of abu simbel?
4. do you recall the name of marlon brando's motorcycle gang in the film, "the wild one"?
5. what is the "house that ruth built"?
6. in the cartoon feature, "snow white and the seven dwarfs", name the only dwarf without facial hair.
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
katharine hepburn is the only actress ever to win four academy awards for best actress.
1. 1492 pictures, inc. (new world productions??)
2. florida (california?)
3. RAMSES THE GREAT
4. THE BLACK REBELS
5. YANKEE STADIUM
"Katharine the great" achieved this feat over a period of 48 years. she won the awards for
"morning glory" (1933)
"guess who's coming to dinner" (1967)
"the lion in winter" (1968)
"on golden pond" (1981)
the only other actress to win an oscar more than twice is ingrid bergman, with two "best actress" and one "best supporting actress" award.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi