9/11 5th Anniversary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thoughts & prayers for all who lost loved ones on this day.

We also must remember those little ones born 5 years ago today & celebrate new life & new beginnings!

There's still a sense of sadness today, even after 5 years. It's so emotional watching ground zero on the news. We will never forget the victims of 9/11. God bless them all and their families.

I am feeling very sad, too. I am very selfish by being so glad that my family was no where near NY or the Pentagon...or on the flights.

My heart aches for all the families who suffered losses that day and for the people who are suffering from pulmonary problems and cancer due to the prolonged time they spent at Ground Zero trying to help.

I will never forget the Kennedy assasination, the Challenger or 911. All 3 of these disasters changed me in ways that I am unable to express.

I think it is right and just that we ALL remember 11 September. Especially as other nations also lost citizens in those dreadful attacks.

I was in Brooklyn on this day, staying with some friends and looking for a place to live here in New York. I remember the shock, confusion and grief. I also remember a thin layer of gray soot on the table outside my friend's apartment.
It's hard to believe it's already been 5 years. The train I take into Manhattan crosses right over the Manhattan bridge and gives you a view of downtown. Every time I'm on that train, I think of the empty space where the Twin Towers use to be and it makes me sad.
Although I didn't know anyone who was lost that day, I grieve for what happened. Today is a day of remembrance. A day to stop and reflect on what happened. We were all changed by that day 5 years ago. My heart goes out to the families that who lost someone they loved.

Constance said:
I just can't imagine a hatred so strong that would make people do something like this.

i don't know it is very sad that someone could feel so much hatred to people
they don't even know.

i was having a very big meeting that day with a customer she flew in from
new york the night before her customer (a very big pharm company)
they had plans to fly in on 9-11 to tour our plant. they were never able to get on the plane. i sat with my customer most of the day watching t.v. in
disbelief, and calling and calling helping her just to get in touch with her
family, we did and they all were safe, but terrified like everyone else. how
can there be such evil in the world? i could not imagine not being able to be with my family to comfort them. needless to say we did not discuss business at all, we ended up driving her back to new york from kansas city. she could not get a flight in and would not have been able to get home for at least a week. she is still a very good customer along with the pharm co, i am
sure she is thinking today she was in kansas when this all happened.
it is such a sad happening.

today taking my 14, 12 and 10 year old girls to school today the only answer
i could give to them when they asked why would someone do this? was i
don't know, pray for them to realize what they did and they ask for
forgiveness. and to change other who think the same.

without being said we are all praying for all that lost loved ones.

we all have also lost maybe not loved ones but a way of feeling safe.
we have gained a non-trusting atitude. we also are out for revenge.
i ask myself is this really the people God wants us to be? I don't believe
so.

i try to remember this in my everyday life

do onto others as you would want done onto you

Last edited by a moderator:
9/11, horror of evil though it was, was a polarizing event...it drew most of the world together (while the Palestinians danced on the streets and handed out candy.) It certainly drew Americans together.

One of the memories that stays with me is the incredible solidarity of Americans in the days and weeks afterwards. From every bridge I drove under on the way to work someone had hung an American flag. I used to park my car in a very poor neighborhood to save exorbitant garage fees...and just about every rundown townhouse I walked past had a flag hanging...several just had pictures of American flags drawn with crayons in the windows or on the doors. There was such an ache, and a desire to reach out and go through it together...we all needed a way to express it.

(I was working - or barely working, out of shock - at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore on 9/11. We (my family) were frantic because we had lost touch with my sister who worked a couple blocks from the towers...and she has a disability...but she was finally released from her building which had been turned into a command center, and was able to walk out. My boss's fiance worked in the Pentagon at the time and we waited for hours before hearing he wasn't in the building when it was hit.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom