A day in the life of you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
thought it'd be kind of cool to see how you guys spend your days.
here's a typical one for me, at least for now:
i wake up.
usually it's because one of my phones was ringing and i'll be like, 'i am so not answering that #$%^&* phone right now. they can so just leave a message.'
eventually i just end up taking it off the hook.
as soon as i think to i say my prayers.
then i'll pull the comforter over my generally hung-over (that's what i get for drinking!)
head, gripe and groan for a few minutes, roll around, then decide i'm really hungry.
so then i pick out a pair of jeans and a tee-shirt to wear.
i throw those on and then pick out what i'm going to wear for the whole day.
either i take my bath or wait till i eat.
then i'll start cooking or pouring a bowl of rice krispies or something like that, saying, 'HIIIIIIII KITTY CAT WHAT ARE YOUUUUU UP TOOO?!!!!!!!! while they stare at me like i'm a bit of a whack job. i read the paper and my cookbooks while i eat.
then i log onto the internet and onto to DC, check my e-mail, turn my tv on.
later on jake comes over if we're not in the process of bickering, or sometimes i'll go out to the bars or to eat but i haven't been doing much barhopping lately.
i'll spend a few minutes with my Parents, gabbing and seeing if my Dad is cooking anything good for that night. sometimes we'll watch something on tv while we eat but not all the time.
i'm not a good sleeper so i'll usually wake up all throughout the night and guess what the first thing i do is, lol? (log onto DC!:-p )

Last edited:
Hmmm...my day starts kinda late, since I'm not a morning person!:ROFLMAO: I generally work six days a week with Sundays off. Most of the time I work 2:30 to close, generally around 10:30 or 11:00. Yes, I work as a cook.

Once I get home, it's straight to my computer for a couple hours of catching up on the many web forums I frequent. I'm an admin at one site devoted to audio/stereo gear and a moderator at another, so that takes a bit of time. I also participate in a few other forums- yes, I'm a net junkie!:LOL:

A typical day? I guess that would be a work day then:
  • 7:30am - Wake up, make Espresso/Coffee, watch my daughter, surf the net, eat breakfast, take the dog out, do various chores around the house, etc.
  • 12-12:30pm - Drop daughter off at wife's workplace, head to work
  • 1pm-11pm (usually, but sometimes varies) - Work
  • 11:45pm - Get home, take a shower, pour a glass of beer/wine/cognac, surf the net, play Hold 'Em online, or play PS2 to relax/unwind
  • 1:30-2:30am - Go to sleep
  • 7:30am - Start all over again

I wake up every day, pull a pistol from the bedstand and stick it in my mouth. One of these day's I might actually put water in it.

After the morning ammenities I head off to the kitchen for Breakfast. I don't actually eat anything, just stand in front of the refrigerator with the door open and stare blindly until my wife hands me a cup of coffee. It's a great eye opener if you pour it in your lap.

When Junior questions me about the refrigerator door I simply remind him that he's not the one paying the electric bill.

The rest of the day is pretty much a blur after this. I'm pretty sure the sun comes up at some point, but unless it's preceeded by a Conelrad warning I hardly take notice.

The morning news was on when I left and the Evening news is on when I get home so now I'm not sure if the aroma from the kitchen is Breakfast or Supper, so I check to see if she's cooking Bacon of Meatloaf. If it's Bacon I have to go to work. If it's meatloaf I can go back to bed. Filet Mingion screws my whole world.

A few "Hail Mary's" later and I'm dead to the world.

~ Raven ~

#-- Conelrad - An early predecessor to the Emergency Broadcast System, established to alert citizens of inbound Soviet neuclear weapons.

Last edited:
Drag myself out of bed glaring at my hubby who although its sad he has a broken leg doesn't have to get up at least! Make coffee and toast. Log onto computer, check into DC. Realise the time!! Log off. Make lunches, pack DH esky to go beside bed for the day while I am at work, have shower, try to work out what to wear, remind oldest daughter to feed cat,dog,fish,cockatiel and guinea pig. Drag youngest out of bed, look for lost shoes and hat, fight about no TV for people who aren't ready for school with youngest- kiss oldest goodbye as she leaves for bus or else on very disorganised mornings ask oldest to call grandad to drive her to school! Read home reader with youngest, pack her bags, find lost jumper get DH breakfast in bed. Get youngest into car.
THEN.. I go to work (mainly for a rest!!!):)

Up at 5:00 to rehang all the hummingbird feeders that we have to take in at night because of the bears that roam through our yard. Turn the burner on under the teakettle (for hubby's instant cappuccino) and start the coffeemaker. Check email, news online, log in to DC. Walk for an hour with my friend. Come home, keep reading DC...pull myself away to shower. Grab some cereal or toast and coffee. All this before work. Work (out of home) from 9-5. Then things like laundry, supper, dishes, a little tv and of course more DC! Off to bed by 10:00...

:mrgreen:

:)
Well.. I'm the lazy one of the bunch. I get up around 9:15 make some tea or coffee and sometimes some eggs for Paul. I hardly ever eat breakfast. Rush in to the computer
and read DC and check my email. Around 11 I get up and take a shower or do dishes and start the washing machine. If there are errands to do I try to leave the house by 11 or 11:30. Paul NEEDS lunch at 12:00. So, I do that. Clean more of the house, checking into DC and email or playing a game inbetween chores. Dinner's at 7. Dinner dishes at 8:00. Then tv or computer until 11 or 12 read until 1 am and then go to sleep. OH, I forgot, I try to take at least an hours nap every afternoon. I get very grumpy with out my naps!! :LOL:

i get up whenever i wake up.
go to the bathroom. stagger
into the kitchen to get a drink
and take my meds. then i see what's
on t.v. then i mosey into the computer room
and come in here until reality calls. then i shower
and go to work (or wherever i have to go). come home
and do dishes real quick and then i'm back here until my
shows come on then i watch t.v. again. then i sometimes
come back in here or i go to bed. depends how tired i am.

wow i really need to get a life don't i ??? lol

Up at 5:30 feed dog who has been bugging me since 4 While feeding dog, turn on coffee pot, stagger to the ladies room, brush teeth,wiithout looking in mirror, into shower, out, now if it's tuesday or thursday, begin getting ready to go to pharmacy..Gulp some coffee, quick look at paper, no I haven't passed over during the night, start the crossword, grab lunch for DH, get something out for dinner and get it started, leave for work, put up with but I need all my meds in 10 minutes, I only had two weeks to order them, leave for home at 1 stopping at Cades pre-school and picking him up, home, snack for Cade, quick look at DC, start working on dinner, read story to Cade, Cades mom comes, say hi to other grandson Carson, everyone leaves with I love you's and Ma gets back to dinner and DC:LOL: And thats tuesdays and thursdays...Monday wednesday and friday I get to stay home with Cade and Carson and when school starts up Ethan will join us..I'll not give you a complete run down of these days as dirty diapers, fixing bottles, and spooning peas into baby, reading stories and baking cookies you've heard before...And you all know this is waht keeps me going and my heart beating...my 3 boys:ROFLMAO: Plus I know I can come here in the evening and enjoy YOUR company...
kadesma:LOL:

Get up around 7 ish, go into the kitchen, fix ice water (winter or summer) take Thyroid pill, go to the LR and when Paul has the coffee finished making he brings me a cup. Read the paper and come in here about 10 AM. At 1 PM Watch "As The World Turns and Guiding Light and the do whatever...sometimes read.

Dove

4:30 -6:15 am: Get out of bed, feed the dog, exercise, play fetch with dog, have breakfast, make lunch, brush teeth, put on uniform, etc.

6:15 - 7:00 am: Put dog in kennel and drive to work.

7:00 - 7:30 am: Have coffee, organize myself for the work day, line up work for Harvest Inspectors. Tell HI's what their work will be for the day.

7:30 am to 6:00 pm: Drive into the forest, check on logging operations, protect the environment, check timber falling operations, approve landings, temporary roads, and skid trails, inspect log truck loads, do tons of paperwork, check work emails on work computer (the government won't let us log on to sites like DC, usually too busy anyways), put out fires, watch for lightning, dispatch firefighters to fires, see a mountain lion, see some great scenery, eat lunch, monitor skidding operations, monitor stream flows, check soil moisture, protect wildlife, etc.

6:00 pm to bedtime: drive home, play with dog, take off uniform put on shorts and t-shirt, have dinner, take shower, watch tv, log on to internet, housework, yardwork, call Mom and Dad, go for a walk, brush teeth, go to bed.

Of course, I don't do all those things everyday. But my schedule is so flexible that I could do any number of those things, particularly at work. If I had to do them all I would collapse!! :)

Last edited:
8:00-Do I have to get up?

8:15ish-Brush teeth, wash face, etc.

8:30-Hair and makeup.(The older I get, the longer it takes)

9:00- Turn on tv to MSN and see if we're going to live another day.

9:15-Honey Bunches of Oats or a protein shake for breakfast and watch The View.

10: I pretty much surf the web and wonder if I should be doing housework.

12: Quick lunch.

11: Back to my puter.

2:00 Start dinner (We usually have an eary dinner. 5 or 6 p.m.)

3:00 Watch my Korean soap opera.

4:00 Hubby get's home so I pretend I'm cleaning house.

5:00 News on telly'.

5:30 Go out and water garden and play with my puppy.

6:30 Have dinner and I'm baaaacccckkk.

8:00 Have a snack

9:00 I'm bbbaaccckk.

10: Watch the news, shower and beddy bye time.

Today....

6:00: Jack FM clicks on. Some days it's Prince, others it's Aerosmith, today it was DuranDuran.
Find kitchen, stumble to computer, turn on DC, drink first cup of coffee. Drink second cup of coffee
6:30: finally wake up. Have a bagel or cottage cheese. Or both.
7:00: wake up the h for work, say good morning to dog.
7:05: hair, makeup & shorts and a tank top with sneaks.
7:20: Make bed, Iron h's clothes for the day. It's always a nice suit. I must coordinate the suit with the shirt with the tie with the socks. H takes the dog outside.
Put away dishes from the dishwasher
7:25: Wake up kids. Remind them that they are not nocturnal, and they do need to be awake during daylight hours.
7:30 feed kids. Today it was ham, blueberries, bananas and milk. Give some ham to the dog.
7:50 take dog out again, give her kisses and hugs.
8:00: In the car with kids. Get gas and drive 30 miles.
8:40: Arrive at Disneyland. Take tram to park, enter park.
Go on all kinds of rides (including the newly remodeled, just opened Space Mountain).
12:00 Hop over to Disney's California Adventure for lunch at the Mission Tortilla Factory. More rides, etc.
3:00 Downtown Disney for a quick shop. Lego store is a must with the kids.
4:30 back in town. Go to Ikea for a dust ruffle. No dust ruffles at Ikea. Buy 3 rugs, 2 pounds of coffee and some "Marsan snabb vaniljsas". Never used it, but it looks good.
5:30: Take out dog, put in a load of laundry, pick up in the living room and dining room. Check out DC.
6:00 Watch kids build giant Harry Potter lego set they bought today. Sit on new rug. Very comfy.
6:30: realize DC is still on, check it out.
Followed by feeding parakeets, taking out dog again.
7:15: h is home. Go over paint ideas for youngest's room color. Hang with kids (still into the legos)
7:40: dinner: steak, peas, grapes, bread, tomatoes. Dessert: pound cake tiny squares layered with blueberries and raspberries and whipped cream. Put whipped cream on dog's nose.
8:00 h plays online hold 'em, I get the boys ready for bed.
Pack the last things for littlest's trip to camp tomorrow.
9:00 kids in bed, many hugs and kisses! take dog out. Ask dog to sleep in youngest's room. Dog says no. Dog is with me. H goes to the gym. (I didn't - I figured I walked many miles and I'm tired!)
10:00 DC!

Last edited:
7.30 am: Run for your life with your dog...

TAKE A SHOWER

9.00 am: Time for breakfast and read daily news...

10.00 am: Online DC... Try to reply to everyone...for every question :)
12.00 am: Buy necessary equipments for your daily recipe.. New tries...
14.00 pm: trying new recipes... with your snack and black coffee...or with a little milk...
16.00 pm: Garden works
17.30pm -19.30pm: Gym...

After 20.00pm : Shower again and free time and learn new recipes and making plan for my cafe... Dinner ofcourse... feeding dog...etc. etc.

5 am Out of bed - shower, shave, dressed for work and out the door
5:45 drive to work
6:15/6:30 At work, get going on things for the day, get as much as possible done ASAP
10:00am The folks in the LA office start coming in - the dumb questions start.
4:00 go home
5:00 get home, lousy traffic
Then it's a progression of have dinner, mow lawn/clean basement/work in brewery/fix something around the house
10:00 Bed

John

anywhere between 3 AM and 6 AM...slowly drag my butt out of bed...

make coffee.....pour h coffee....make h's lunch, roll h some cigarettes, kick h out the door...(I literally want to do that!)

play on PC......be here to snoop.....kids up...kids fighting...feed kids....fight with MIL to get DC back!....fight with kids....kiss kids on forehead....convince kids to get dressed...kick kids out of house....clean house while I have the chance.....fight with MIL again for this.....kids come back in.....hungry, feed kids.....clean house yet a gain...let all three shitzus out

cook supper, clean house, play here, get everyone off to bed......ahhhhh quiet time.....

mrsmac said:
My daughters are very jealous that you can just casually go to Disneyland like that jkath!!!!

(We've got annual passes, so it's actually cheap entertainment for the day!)

Back
Top Bottom