A Pet's request

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
This one hit me.

Remember that they can't do a lot of things for themselves and that they depend on you to make their life a quality life!

A pets request for a happy life. .......

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.

7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.

9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.

10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.

Take a moment today to thank God for your pets. Enjoy and take good care of them.

Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience without God's critters.

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness. It is here on earth and has four legs!

Awe Stacy... that is wonderful!!!!! I love it!!!! Brought tears to my eyes.

LOL!! It is so very true tho... I had to send it out to my buddies, hope you don't mind!

Yea... we all are boo-hooing today!!! LOL.. I have to say number 1 and 10 are the ones that hit me hardest!

Number 10..made the tears come again..I could see Miss Maggies big brown eyes looking at me as I held her..I watched them slowly close and she was gone and even after 2 years I hurt..
kadesma

wish i knew how to e-mail this to my granddaughter. her mom called this am and once again, despite promises, to care for her kittens.

against her better judgment , my daughter got her two kittens. morgan begged two years for them. morgan is almost seventeen and has "fallen in love" with a loser boy. so kittens aren't important to her.

i hate "disposable pets attitude"

i told mom to take the cell from her each evening, until pets are taken care of. we will see. she wants to talk with this boy very much maybe it will work.

so sad

babe:(

Babe... just copy texasgirl's original post and paste in an email...

I too hate the disposable pet attitude myslef... they are life-long companions!

Number 10 .. how could one not... We had to put down our 14 you schnauzer on July 31. I couldn't even consider not being there with her. We held her as she went to sleep.

ok this really tore at my heart strings, as we are getting close to the decision to put my 14 year old dog down. He is starting to lose his bladder control. He's not too bad. If we remember to make him go out just before we leave he's ok, because he doesn't eat or drink when we are gone, but if we forget. I come home to pee from one end of the kitchen to the door. He is also deaf and doesn't see to well anymore. hubby says he is suffering, I say he isn't because he is not in pain and he gets around good. Vet couldn't believe he was 14 and still walking around like he was. I don't want to put him down, but I dont' want him to suffer either. What does everyone hear consider suffering?

ok this really tore at my heart strings, as we are getting close to the decision to put my 14 year old dog down. He is starting to lose his bladder control. He's not too bad. If we remember to make him go out just before we leave he's ok, because he doesn't eat or drink when we are gone, but if we forget. I come home to pee from one end of the kitchen to the door. He is also deaf and doesn't see to well anymore. hubby says he is suffering, I say he isn't because he is not in pain and he gets around good. Vet couldn't believe he was 14 and still walking around like he was. I don't want to put him down, but I dont' want him to suffer either. What does everyone hear consider suffering?

I left you a message on your profile. Anyhow, I will say this.... you will know when it is 'time' or if they are suffering. When I went through this with Buster... I knew he was hurting and uncomfortable. I could have kept him around another week... but then I had to really evaluate what he would have to go though vs my wanting to keep him around. One of the hardest decisions you will ever make.

I was there with my little Buster... he went so quickly and quietly. Ok, gotta stop crying again. I miss my Buster!!!

When the life has gone from their eyes, that's when it's time.
And I don't think it's time for your guy yet. Did you know they make male diapers? http://www.kennelkomforts.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=BB2 And I know there is incontinence meds for females... maybe for males, too? And the obvious (not trying to be calous) remember to let him out.
It doesn't sound like he's suffering. Dogs don't "feel" things the way we do. They adapt much better to losing their sight or going deaf. I take care of quite a few deaf dogs and I swear sometimes they know exactly what I am saying. They seem so intuitive.

WOW, I never thought they had doggie diapers. Pretty neat. And yes the obvious is to remember to let him out just before we leave. He just started doing this so our family has to get into the habit of making him go out wether he wants to or not. Thanks for the link I'm going to check into them.

I know how your heart feels. At some point your dear friend will let you know it's time. Then you must do your duty. My dear Ddobie looked deep into my eyes one night (she had congestive heart failure and couldn't even lay down) and I knew she was saying "I love you but it's time to let me go" and we went to the vet the next day. I've never not held my pet when that final time was there. That's part of the courage you need to have to deserve these wonderful creatures! It's the least that we owe them.

Ok, now I'm crying too.

Oh jeez. How to not cry?
First I was going to say #4 was the best, then I read #5 and changed my mind, until #8, then 9, then 10.
They all are so touching.
Thanks Stacey.

Okay I was good up until #10. That hit me hard because when I had to have Max and Disney put to sleep I didn't go. I couldn't do it.

Back
Top Bottom