A Prayer Needed Here, Too

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
Last week, DH lost his job. We had been holding our breath for awhile, hoping that it wouldn't happen, but it finally did. He's finished this Friday, gets a small severence and then we're on our own. He had a few leads that he was hopeful about but as the week goes on, they're looking less positive. We're trying hard not to be scared about what's next, but it's hard not to be....:(

PA, I know how he feels. I've been through that myself and it's a punch in the gut. Here's hoping he'll find what he wants quickly.

PA, I'm so very sorry. I do hope something will turn up soon.
As Andy says it's a real 'punch in the gut' and doesn't make it easy to 'hang in there'. You will be in thoughts and prayers.

I know how hard it can seem - when they let me go I think I was actually glad! I was also horribly sad - that job had been my life 24/7 for over 8 years! I lived there, worked there, and all of our friends were there.

But, in reality - it was time! I hadn't been happy in a while, there were other things that I wanted to do, and I didn't need the stress anymore. Now I am getting geared for the next chapter of me.

Granted, I miss our friends - but now, instead of getting agravated when they just "drop by" unexpected, we can invite them and enjoy their company so much more. When the wind blows I can enjoy the breeze - don't have to worry about boats coming untied and wind damage. When it rains I can relax and I won't have to make sandwiches for the guys filling sandbags anymore.

The financial impact is tough - but unemployment helps - and please remember - A door never closes that a window doesn't open. The next opportunity is out there - just waiting to be found.

There is a darling book "Who Moved My Cheese", if you can find a copy it's really great at putting these changes into perspective. :)

That's tough, PA. But if you guys were holding your breath already, maybe not totally unexpected. Make sure he signs up for unemployment as soon as he can to have something coming in while he looks. He's certainly entitled to it!

PA, my prayers are with you. We all know that it is for the best eventually, but it sure can knock the air out of your sails when it happens.

*wishing you the best*

Pa,
Something like this won't stand in you husbands way.If anything you three are far ahead of many people out there. You have a great respect and deep love for each other, your daughter and family..You have prayer, happy, positive thoughts for our whole family..If you need to talk,cry, yell, I'm here..As are many of your fellow DCer's who care deeply for you as I do..No matter what, always look up, never down..Keep Sofies beautiful face in front of you and you can't help but feel blessed.

kadesma

Hang in there, PA. The strong foundation you and your husband have built will serve you in good stead. Sofie will be your bright light and you will be on the other side of this "experience" before you know it. At least, you're not giving up. That's the worst thing anyone could do. We love you and send hugs, best wishes and prayers your way.

Thank you everyone! I sure need your love and support right now! In a lot of ways, DH is sort of relieved--he's been miserable there for a long time. He's applying for unemployment Monday--can you believe his boss is giving him grief about it?!? (his exact words were, "You know you can avoid having to file for unemployment by just finding another job!":mad: ) We'll just keep pushing forward, what else can we do?!?

And yes, Sofie does remind us of all the good things we have. In fact today, it was a few days late, but she finally surprised me with what Nathan had been trying to teach her to say on Sunday: "Happy Mama Day!" Ahhhhh...that's when life's good!:)

Good People

Why? Why does this happen to the good people? Seems the ones who are the meanest of the bunch make headway. My niece's husband had to move 800 miles away for his new job. (They did not tell him this when they hired him) This is not fair. Loss of income is real heartache. However, if one does have trouble going to work maybe the loss is for a reason we don't know about. The saying about the door closing and window opening is true. Know of so many instances where someone lost a job and was thankful about it.

I am praying for your family that he will find his place soon and will look forward to going to work each day. Have to be positive but it sure isn't easy. I do know that if you include prayer in your everyday life the blessings will come from places you were never aware of before. Just have to notice them when they come. Being aware is key. Even Oprah mentions how she was at the bottom. That's a hard one to believe. Her life is at the top and she knows where her source comes from. Look up!

PA, I was sad to read of your scary news.......but also relieved that your DH will no longer be subjected to that insensitive boss.

Many positive thoughts going your way for a speedy resolution to this crisis.

Last edited:
PA, sorry to hear of your husband's plight. I am sure a good job will come his way soon. Till then, have a positive mental attitude.

Back
Top Bottom