A Sad Day For Bacon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My hub and the girls went to the mall the other day. They visited the Yankee Candle store. They came home with a candle named MMM Bacon.

I put racks on the cookie sheets so the bacon doesn't wallow in the grease. Then I have a bowl with a lid next to the stove that I keep my bacon squeezin's in. I used to put four slices per sheet of waxed paper, stack them, and put them in a freezer bag, but found it's much easier if you just put the whole cookie sheet into the freezer after pouring off the bacon juice and let them freeze individually. Then I toss them all loosely into a freezer bag.

Bacon - The other white and red meat.
Good info, Andy. I did not know reheating bacon in the microwave would retain its crispiness.

oh yess, pac. i would micro my bacon more often if it weren't for the fact of losing most of the bacon grease, which gets absorbed in the paper towels...:ermm:

pac, let's open an all bacon store of our own, using your homemade bacons...we can call it Belly-Up and serve beer too....:pig::pig:

Cracker Barrel Bacon and maple lollipops contain NO bacon and tastes ................BLAH

I cook my bacon as I need it, although I sometimes cook a bit extra to have on hand for salad if I think I'll need it soon. I keep that extra wrapped in a paper towel slipped into a ziplock bag. I usually nuke it between paper towels, but if I need the drippings for something I'm cooking I'll fry them out in the pan I'll be using. Haven't found a brand of bacon yet that produces the same kind of saveable drippings like I remember in my Mom's drippings crock.

Belly Up, I like that, Vit.

I can never seem to make extra bacon. I'll cook and reserve some pieces for later use, too, but it never makes it into the fridge.

Back
Top Bottom