A small TV Chef Rant.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really have no dog in this hunt. I don't care for the direction that a lot of television networks are headed. Having said that, it is supposed to be entertaining. To each his own, but for me "reality" shows are the least entertaining shows going. I reckon it's like ever' thing else....."This too shall pass".

First of all, you're complaining (throwing verbal stones) about someone being particular, while you started a sentence with "Specially" when the word should have been "Especially."

Second, it is well know on that show, that Scott hates raw onions. He's made it clear to others in past shows and something that new contestants should be aware. I recall I hated raw garlic for more than thirty years, so having a particular problem with any given ingredient is something a contestant should know before serving the judges your food.

And third, this isn't a cooking show and it's not even "reality TV". It's a game show just like any other game show such as Jeopardy, The Price Is Right, or Wheel Of Fortune. Being entertainment, it's not to everyone's liking, so running it down is like complaining about Hollywood Squares and the celebrities they used for judges. In other words, what's your point? If you don't like it, don't watch! But to complain about it...
Yeah I know I don't have good grammar.

But if your a judge for any cooking show ( or any cooking competition on or off tv ) You should put you're personal taste aside and judge what's in front of you.

I am sure there's dishes that need raw onions.

And as far as Ball Park Mustard? I love no matter where it ends up.

It has all the flavors I love and look for.

By the way there a few shows I still enjoy watching.

1).Jame At home.
2).2 Fat Ladies.
3).Lidia's Italy.
4).Good Eat's ( not airing any more, cry )
5).Food Unwrapped with Mark Summers.
6).A secret of a Restaurant Chef.
7).Gordon Ramsey's Night Mere kitchen on BBC America "Only"

And as far as Ball Park Mustard? I love no matter where it ends up....

Actually, I'm partial to French's Mustard, particularly since it's made less than one hour's drive from my house and I know people who work there. ;) (French's home is in Springfield, Missouri. You should try being down wind of 100,000 gallons of mustard, mustard oil and vinegar!) :mrgreen:

While I sometimes rail against programs on the Food Network, I actually enjoy "Chopped." I watch it more with the mindset of what I would try to make with some of those goofy ingredients - which I think is kind of fun. It reminds me of going through the pantry without a plan to come up with dinner. I do wish, though, that some of the judges would lighten up a bit. In my opinion, the show would be a whole lot more entertaining if the judges offered their critiques with a smile or joke instead of cold stares. C'mon, lighten up! The contestants are your peers!

There's a lot of stuff on that channel I find far less watchable. They could drop Cupcake Wars, Semi Homemade, Down Home with the Neeleys, and Paula Deen without hurting my feelings one bit.

I have to agree--sometimes when I watch the food channel (at my folks'), I get inspiration of things to try. When I was in WI for Easter, Iron Chef had an episode on aspargas. It was very interesting--ways of preparing it I would never have considered.

Back
Top Bottom