A song that cheers you up when you're down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tequila by The Champs. That song just makes me want to get up and dance. Basically, any 50's music puts me in a good mood. Here are a few that make me want to get up and move:

Splish Splash - Bobby Darin
Yakety Yak - The Coasters
Johnny B. Goode - Chuck Berry
Chantilly Lace - Big Bopper

The Lion Sleeps tonight

When my daughter was lil that song was popular and it would be on the radio constantly. we would be in the car and that would come on and i would sing along in a much higher pitch and she would laugh so hard and later as she grew when she was cross I would start In the jungle the Lion ...... in the high pitch and she would laugh and as she got even older it became oh geesch mom. I still makes me laugh and her when we still hear it. It fact there is a commerical out using it and she had to call me.

I guess I'm pretty old! Sierra has me. I love to cheer up to happy-sounding bubble gum from the fifties through the 70s. Whenever I have a chore I don't want to do, whenever I work out, when I just want to feel good, that's the music I go to. I joked often that my CD collection is that of a much older woman (I'm 53 and never got into hard rock!).

Back
Top Bottom