A special THANK YOU !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jpmcgrew

Executive Chef
:) I just wanted to thank Alix and any other Admins that helped us send help to Katie in her time of need. Alix you are amazing how fast you got the monies Katie needed so quickly. Thank you so much for doing this for all of us. I commend you for acting so quickly and for taking the up this difficult task for us and Katie.
Bless you Alix.
Jackie

Thank you!!!!! I also want to thank someone special, you know who you are and I hope you received my words through the messenger.

Bravo, Jackie! The mods have worked so hard to help us help Katie and Buck. I am amazed that they were able to work their jobs plus moderate DC and handle accepting gifts and getting them to Katie as soon as they came in. They were as devastated as anyone during this awful thing and yet they did everything that they were asked and more. Thanks from me too, ya'll.

Adillo I think it's always okay to send. She'll need help for the medical bills and whatnot. I'm sending some when I get payed myself.

Yes, as others have said, it is still okay to send money to help out.

I want to add my thanks to Alix and kitchenelf for organzing this and for getting the money to Katie as quickly as you did.

:)Barbara

Katie will have a need for extra money for a while. The arrangements will be very expensive I am sure. We will continue to send money to her whenever anyone wants to contribute.

I know the mods and adims already have a full time job what with BT, GW, and me roaming around here... LOL.
Thanks Alix and Elfie and all those that helped and kept us updated.

I think our Admins are the best on the the web!! I have been to so many places and I just keep coming back here. #1, the company is the BEST!! #2 You don't have to worry about nasty people that aren't happy with their lives making others feel bad. the admins and mods are fantastic!! Thank you for EVERYTHING you do, even when I'm the one in trouble, lol!!

You are welcome. It was really no trouble at all, and honestly I feel blessed that I could help in some small way. I am so touched by all of you reaching out to someone in need and helping out in a most practical and tangible way. Thanks to you all for letting me be a part of that.

Katie will have a need for extra money for a while. The arrangements will be very expensive I am sure. We will continue to send money to her whenever anyone wants to contribute.
:) I agree she will need us for some time and if Buck had no Life Insurance I hope he did if not then every $5.00, $10.00 or more will make things a bit easier for Katie. I know that what was sent already at least eased her mind on how to take care of the expenses just to be by Bucks side and I know she is not squandering that. So folks give up a few lattes and other things you can live without and pay it forward. Believe me when I say that what you give will come back to you ten fold as long as it come from the heart with no expectations.

I always have believed that what God gives us he expects us to share with his other children. The more you share, the more he gives.

You are welcome. It was really no trouble at all, and honestly I feel blessed that I could help in some small way. I am so touched by all of you reaching out to someone in need and helping out in a most practical and tangible way. Thanks to you all for letting me be a part of that.
:) I know you did this as you are a good hearted person and love Buck and Katie as much as we do and yet I was really amazed how fast you got it going wasting no time to get it to Katie. It was at least one thing she did not need to woory about while she goe's through this incredibly hard time. Just to remind some that don't know in the whole time Katie and Buck were married which was a long time they never ever were more than two days apart for just one time. So one can only just imagine how difficult this will be for Katie.

So folks give up a few lattes and other things you can live without and pay it forward. Believe me when I say that what you give will come back to you ten fold as long as it come from the heart with no expectations.
This is one of the truest things in life. I'm serious. As a child of the 60s, the phrase I learned was "Share the Wealth" and since I was lucky enough to have been raised with that, I can tell you absolutely that when we share with others in need, we will be always be taken care of when we are in need. Not just money - our time or our sweat or our hearts or our homes. It really ends up being the best insurance you can have for your future. I don't think it's any accident that so many people that share the same philosophy ended up in the same place - here!

Being a new here, I do not always feel like amember of the "in" group. Most likely a lot of that is me. What DC has, that I have not found in other places is community. We seem to be, if you will, "an electronic, extended family".

People from all over seem willing to relate and help eachother in more ways than just cooking, way more ways than just cooking. I am very glad to be here.

AC

Back
Top Bottom