Aaarrgghhh!!! Stove Top Covers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
I know some of you guys use these, I always have because when my stove is not in use, I like it to look neat and well kempt.

You know what I am talking about, those little covers you put over your burners? I buy a set at least once a year because at some point and time I end up "cooking" one of them when I turn on the wrong burner.

Well I have gone more than a year with the current set and I am so proud of myself!!!! I have been doing sooooo well!!!!!!!!! :-p

Then whaddya know? I go and turn on the one burner that happens to have all four of the covers stacked up on top of it. :wacko: You think that by now I would have learned to remove all covers prior to cooking... but NOOOOOOO, I keep thinking my mind is not going and I can beat it without having to move my covers another 10 inches to safety!!!

And oh my!!! Did they ever stink!!! Burning paint and metal... yummy!!!! :LOL:

Maybe I should have added this to the "Venting" thread!!!

Last edited:
You did real well, going that long with the last set!! Shoot, I didn't even make it a full week!!!

give them up?

I never really got why people use those things.
Maybe now that all 4 are gone you should try to give them up "cold turkey".
Try it out for a couple of months and see if you can get used to it.

Just a thought. :)

Poutine said:
I never really got why people use those things.
Maybe now that all 4 are gone you should try to give them up "cold turkey".
Try it out for a couple of months and see if you can get used to it.

Just a thought. :)

I am suffering withdrawl already! When I buy these things, I usually buy 2 sets knowing that I am gonna burn one... so I have been looking all over the house trying to find that second set.... or maybe I used them already!!!!

Yea, I am gonna try and live without them... hubby gives me a hard time about them too.

Wow, I haven't thought about those things in years. Many, many years ago I used them to keep the house from catching on fire. Literally.

We had a gas stove with the burner control knobs at the front edge of the stove. Occasionally one of our curious kitties would jump up on the counter and then jump off near the front edge of the stove. As he did so, one of his paws would flip one of the knobs to HI and he'd get singed. I caught him once with his little tail ablaze. Well not really ablaze, but there was a bit of a flame.:ohmy: He was long-haired.

After that incident, we bought the burner covers to try to prevent any serious damage. We also removed the knobs when we left the house to be super careful.

Back
Top Bottom