"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-16-2011, 10:09 PM   #1
Honey Badger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,582
Accommodated

It's taken a month to talk with a live human being at Embassy suites. I was patient after filing my complaint about our stay. Kind of felt better after writing it. But not that much to let it go just yet. I did receive an email from the manager asking me when would be a good time to discuss the matter? I emailed back a time also gave him my personal email addy. We heard nothing else.

Yesterday my husband emailed 1 more time as a reminder. Today he spoke with the manager. The manager must have remembered my email. I knew he would. I spared no mercy. Offered to send him pics of our room. Kind of wonder if my " Hotel California " " Or writing up a review "comment rattled him a bit.Thanks for the idea Dog Lover. It worked. :)

He personally took the time to go into that room and saw just for himself what I was talking about.

Not only were the problems corrected the manager also went as far to refund us the entire amount of our nights stay. Before he had even talked with my husband this morning. After finding out why we were in S.F to begin with, my husband told him we have to go back as soon as insurance pre approves everything and the appointment is made. Probably in the next month or two. He asked how many days we needed for the next trip? When we find out the day and time. If we were willing to return. To please call him and he will set up a discount and suite to accommodate us.
It was a very gracious of him to go to the trouble of all that for us. As soon as I'm through posting here I'll be contacting Embassy Suite honchos and tell them how much I appreciated his effort to rectify the problem.

Munky.
__________________

__________________
If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:23 PM   #2
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 38,388
You be Chief Munky! Great Job, I'm proud of you!

Been missing you!
__________________

__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:24 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 25,014
Yay! A victory for the little guy! Good for you, Munky, for pursuing this.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:32 PM   #4
Honey Badger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
You be Chief Munky! Great Job, I'm proud of you!

Been missing you!
Been missing you to!
His working 16 hr days has been wearing me out. Some days I have no idea what day it is.
I have some more " Pie" recipes for ya.

Munky.
__________________
If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:40 PM   #5
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 38,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Been missing you to!
His working 16 hr days has been wearing me out. Some days I have no idea what day it is.
I have some more " Pie" recipes for ya.

Munky.
We've been enjoying burger/curry pies. Shrek tried a pizza one that did not turn out, too much pepperoni.

Things have been stressful around here, too...Shrek's turn for medical problems. And I haven't been sleeping for the last 5-6 days, finally got a very little bit this morning.
__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:45 PM   #6
Honey Badger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Yay! A victory for the little guy! Good for you, Munky, for pursuing this.
Thank you for the advice. Were not seasoned travelers. Seems like Tuition is always due. The house needs things. So we stay home for vacations. That was our first trip out in 7 years. If it hadn't been for your advice I doubt my complaint would have gotten their attention at all.

Hubby says from now on he's going to leave the writing to me. He was quite thrilled to get some compensation back from that trip.

Munky.
__________________
If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:59 PM   #7
Honey Badger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
We've been enjoying burger/curry pies. Shrek tried a pizza one that did not turn out, too much pepperoni.

Things have been stressful around here, too...Shrek's turn for medical problems. And I haven't been sleeping for the last 5-6 days, finally got a very little bit this morning.
Sorry you and shrek aren't feeling well. Everything ok now?
Tell him I tried the pizza with pepperoni to.. Mine didn't turn out either. Gave me some serious heartburn.. We can do a take 2. I've been looking all over for curry powder. Can't find it around here. Our local grocery store closed a few months ago. When and if we get a replacement who knows.. I have been wanting to try your recipe.

I've had insomnia for years and finally broke down and asked for a prescription. If you need to do that don't let the Dr's give you a hard time about it. You can always say " Fine! I know where the liquor store is. It's open 24/7!" I actually said that to my Dr. Boy did he start writing on the pad.. LOL!!!

Munky.
__________________
If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:14 PM   #8
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 38,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Sorry you and shrek aren't feeling well. Everything ok now?
Tell him I tried the pizza with pepperoni to.. Mine didn't turn out either. Gave me some serious heartburn.. We can do a take 2. I've been looking all over for curry powder. Can't find it around here. Our local grocery store closed a few months ago. When and if we get a replacement who knows.. I have been wanting to try your recipe.

I've had insomnia for years and finally broke down and asked for a prescription. If you need to do that don't let the Dr's give you a hard time about it. You can always say " Fine! I know where the liquor store is. It's open 24/7!" I actually said that to my Dr. Boy did he start writing on the pad.. LOL!!!

Munky.
Shrek is fine now, but he had me worried. At the same time I went off the Chantix and started not sleeping...Doctor's appointment on Monday Thanks for the tip, I have a list of needs that I have researched and expect to have some agreement with the doc.

How's your son doing?
__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:27 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kayelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: south central coast/California
Posts: 14,452
I bet I'm not the only one lost here Monkey...is there a link or something to the first part of this story? At any rate, I'm glad you got some satisfaction.
__________________
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:01 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 25,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle
I bet I'm not the only one lost here Monkey...is there a link or something to the first part of this story? At any rate, I'm glad you got some satisfaction.
Kayelle, it's under Munky's Chinatown post. They were so looking forward to their trip to San Francisco, and it was a total disaster, along with their son's health issues. I had to look it up too. I couldn't remember what advice I gave. I had advised Munky to post on Tripadvisor, Orbitz, Expedia, etc., and notify the hotel of her actions. So glad it worked!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:48 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kayelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: south central coast/California
Posts: 14,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Kayelle, it's under Munky's Chinatown post. They were so looking forward to their trip to San Francisco, and it was a total disaster, along with their son's health issues. I had to look it up too. I couldn't remember what advice I gave. I had advised Munky to post on Tripadvisor, Orbitz, Expedia, etc., and notify the hotel of her actions. So glad it worked!
Thanks Dawg.
Here's the link, starting on page 3.
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...f-73799-3.html
__________________
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:32 PM   #12
Honey Badger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Shrek is fine now, but he had me worried. At the same time I went off the Chantix and started not sleeping...Doctor's appointment on Monday Thanks for the tip, I have a list of needs that I have researched and expect to have some agreement with the doc.

How's your son doing?
I've heard chantix can have some weird effects on people. My pharmacist told me he saw considerable changes in mood behaviors in people that he's known for years that were prescribed that. Hopefully an alternative will help you. Glad the Pie King is better and stays that way.

My sons looking forward to this surgery. The surgeon told us that if it goes as well as he's expecting that my son will have a good chance of recovering some of his eyesight. We've taken him to a lot of specialist all over this state. UCSF/ Stanford, you name it we've been there since he was an infant. This Dr. has been the only one to tell us we as parents did the right things at the right times. Had we when he was 8mo, old handed him over for cataract surgery (They were really pushing us into it ) we today wouldn't have been having this conversation. With all the advance technology from yesterday to today we would have ruined any chance of his having sight in that eye.

So our last trip wasn't a complete bust. I'm steering clear of China Town next time.
I think Embassy will keep me as far away from that generator as possible.. LOL!

Munky.
__________________
If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:41 PM   #13
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 38,388
I did fine on the Chantix...but three months was not enough and neither was six. I ended up taking it for 9 months and cut back on it slowly...finally worked. Shrek is back to taking it, it makes him mean, nasty mean sometimes...I hope it works for him this time.

I've got my fingers and toes crossed for the surgery and success. I wish your boy, "Good Luck."
__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:13 PM   #14
Honey Badger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,582
Good Luck Or Karma?

My sons surgery date has been set. Sorry I can't mention day or time. It's going to be soon.
I'm so thankful for the Surgery Coordinator that hospital has. If it wasn't for her working with me, understanding the problems we had to S.F on our last trip. This trip is going to be completely different. They have a contract with a local Hotel in Japan Town. Patients and parents get a special rate. She recommended Hotel Kabuki for us. It's very quiet, clean and the hospitals close by. It's located right in the heart of Japan Town. So is the shopping! ;) Japantown San Francisco Hotel | Hotel Kabuki | Luxury Hotel Japan Town

Remember the Manager @Embassy? Well we set up the time. Let him know. He was transferring to another hotel within the next week. He had mentioned Japan Town. Didn't say what hotel he's be working at. But for Embasssy's sake to make it right he booked us the days we needed for $99.00 a night. I doubt it would have been that same room. Guess where he transferred to? Hotel Kabuki. You could have knocked me over with a feather. Him to when he found out about the hospitals contract.

We canceled our reservations @ Embassy. My husband talked with the Manager at Hotel Kabuki. He said that he would see what he could do for us and he'd call us back. What they have as a contract with the hospital is the Family Suite.It's a nice looking suite.

This morning we got our confirmation email from him. He had changed our room from the Family Suit, moved us up to the Executive Sauna Room. Just a smidgen over $100.00. I'm really alright about that! Japantown Accommodations and Suites | Hotel Kabuki | Asian Inspired SF

I hear Japan Town is much more civilized. Clean less raunchy then China Town is.
People aren't as rude. My son just loves Japanese food anyways, especially Tonkatsu.

So it's looking like this trip will be less stressful on all of us. Looking forward to it.
Not sure if the manager is looking forward to meeting me. But I'm making him up a peace offering gift basket anyways. I feel kind of bad about that email I sent off.

Munky.
__________________
If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:45 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 25,014
Munky, I'm glad it's working out! If it doesn't, please b*tch like crazy! Sure hope you can finally relax, and that your boy gets the care he needs!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:47 PM   #16
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 38,388
I am so happy for you! Enjoy that hotel! I'm thinking of you guys!
__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:57 PM   #17
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
I've had insomnia for years and finally broke down and asked for a prescription. If you need to do that don't let the Dr's give you a hard time about it. You can always say " Fine! I know where the liquor store is. It's open 24/7!" I actually said that to my Dr. Boy did he start writing on the pad.. LOL!!! Munky.
Ha!

You cracked me up with that one! I can just see the Docs face!

My doc is the oppisite. I never have anything to tell him about, so when I do call and ask for something like pain pills, he knows I must be hurting like crazy and gives me ones that are too strong for me. I have to cut them into quarters and only take one quarter pill, in twice the time it says.
__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:28 PM   #18
Honey Badger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Ha!

You cracked me up with that one! I can just see the Docs face!
Ever see the Deer in the headlight look? ~@@~ WHA!!!!???

I was being a smarty pants.. " I'll do it if I really have to!" Give me what I want and I'll go away. See how life is so simple?.. Moron! LOL!!!

Luckily now I have a decent Dr like you. I think if they know you as an individual patient. Requests like that with close follow ups. It's usually not a problem.

Munky.
__________________
If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:31 PM   #19
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 38,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Ever see the Deer in the headlight look? ~@@~ WHA!!!!???

I was being a smarty pants.. " I'll do it if I really have to!" Give me what I want and I'll go away. See how life is so simple?.. Moron! LOL!!!

Luckily now I have a decent Dr like you. I think if they know you as an individual patient. Requests like that with close follow ups. It's usually not a problem.

Munky.
I did get the sleeping pill, I'm not crazy about it. Gives me amnesia for the last hour or two of each night...scary. I've been hiding my car keys from myself.
__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:44 PM   #20
Honey Badger
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I did get the sleeping pill, I'm not crazy about it. Gives me amnesia for the last hour or two of each night...scary. I've been hiding my car keys from myself.
Sounds like it's working as intended. Just kidding.. Your Dr. needs to know about that. For me I'd like to forget some days ever happened. It took Dr #2 to get it right for me. I still keep a bell hanging on my front door that's loud enough to wake me up if I'm sleepwalking. I always try leaving the house.

Munky.
__________________

__________________
If your with me that's great. If not. Get out of my way.
Chef Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
×