Air Compressor Hose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragnlaw

Site Team
Staff member
OK, calling all gadgets fixers, common sensors, engineers!

I accidently pulled the hose off my power drill where it slips over a tiny brass connector into the drill (got caught on my leg when I made a quick movement). I cut off the old piece and pressed it back on. Worked for about 10 minutes then shot off again.

I was working outside (very warm, high humidity) so when I had a wild hose flying all over the place there was no damage, other than getting whacked a few times. But my worry is when I move indoors with it. I was not working on eggs but inside I have eggs, containers of brushes, etc. on the work table and cannot afford to have it fly off again.

How do I get it back on "permanently" ?

Attachments

• 20210715_063431.jpg
    20210715_063431.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 45
Super glue. Trim off the end of the hose that popped off then glue it and press it back on. If that doesn't work, add a hose clamp.

Unknown.jpg

Do you see the white piece on the opposite end of the hose? The piece that connects the hose to the brass fitting.That piece must have flown off as you need it.
There is usually a ring to. Its called a compression fitting.
The hose is not designed to just be pushed on and never use glue when its not indicated or required.
Take the hose to a hardware store. Leave hardware store with proper piece that is missing.
Like Andy the hose clamp will work. However for me it would be my last option.

Note: Compressed air can be very dangerous. You must buy the correct fitting to repair this hose.

Last edited:
Thanks Roll Bones - I'm very well aware of how dangerous those things can be. I'm just glad that the brass was still in my hand and not flying around on the end of the hose!

But I think you're mistaking which part flew off.

There is the quick connect with the shut off valve, which has the white plastic I believe you are referring to. Even tho that clear plastic hose is also just pressed onto the white plastic - it is not the part that came off.

Bad picture but you can almost see the white plastic threaded part inside the hose.

Attachments

• 20210715_144752.jpg
    20210715_144752.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 31
When I post pics they are all at the end of the comments - I can't insert text between, so I post separately...

The plastic hose pictured here is what came off of that metal threaded piece attached to the brass nut. This pic shows I've already pushed it back on after cutting back about a half inch.

Luckily the nut stayed on and did not fly around with the hose.

Attachments

• 20210715_144511.jpg
    20210715_144511.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 25
Here I've screwed the nut back onto the air drill. But after about maybe 10 minutes it flew off again.

I'm thinking that outside, with the high heat and humidity, the hose softened and lost it's hold. Also I had moisture blowing out the vents. Never had that before but the compressor was always in my basement with a dehumidifier running. Here it is in the garage and not regulated.

I will attempt to use it inside - but I need to get all hands on call to clear the decks first - and that will take a bit of calculating as to what can be damaged.:wacko: (joke - just one table with junk)

Attachments

• 20210715_144728.jpg
    20210715_144728.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 34
Yes, as a last resort I will use a ring clamp but I dislike those things with a passion.

I had multiple hoses on the farm running to paddocks - some over 300 feet. all revamped with clamps to make life easier... bah...

I'm not even sure they come that small.

Back
Top Bottom