All Hallows Eve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Night of the thin veil is anohter name. But only for the initiated.
So what did you do this Samhain? I cooked bad chicken (so much for an offering), had no 'trick or treaters', and my child ran off to a friend's and hasn't come home (apparently she's spending the night without my permission). I satisfied several debts today so I'm starting the "new year" right, but it feels off. I don't want my year to be off.

Two of my dearest friends in the world were born on Halloween. Although I live in town, for some reason my street isn't well travelled, and I only get a half dozen trick-or-treaters, and we love them. They always come with parental supervision and get hand fulls of candy. So, yes, I enjoy it (the adult parties were over the weekend, and yes, did that, too!).

well last night went well, I had one kid hiding behind a wall and squeeked to the other "I`m scared" :D

here`s a pic of me and my Daughter:

docyt.JPG

yt, something tells me you look like that on more than one night a year.

lol, great pic.

keltin and callisto, i don't know if you got the chance to see the history of halloween documentary on the history channel yesterday. it was very interesting.

it covered the aspects of the holiday from ancient celtic traditions, to the roman traditions, the catholic influences, central american celebrations, and the assimilation of all these into today's culture.

Last edited:
yt, something tells me you look like that on more than one night a year.

lol, great pic.

keltin and callisto, i don't know if you got the chance to see the history of halloween documentary on the history channel yesterday. it was very interesting.

it covered the aspects of the holiday from ancient celtic traditions, to the roman traditions, the catholic influences, central american celebrations, and the assimilation of all these into today's culture.
Missed it. I don't even know if I have the History Channel on my favorites list. I should add that. I wonder if they'll repeat it.

I missed the History Channel thing, too, Bucky. I'll look for it again. Here in San Antonio, it's also the time Mexicans celebrate Dia De Los Muertos, the day of the dead. It's a couple of days when they honor the dead and it's filled with lovely traditions and spectacular sculpture, paintings, papercrafts and other artwork that features skeletons engaged in everyday activities. Very interesting.

YT, your little girl is absolutely darling! I love that you are behind her looking every inch the mad scientist and she isn't giving you the time of day! Priceless.

Back
Top Bottom