Alton Brown: Return of Good Eats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good news. He is too anal in his cooking for me, but loved the show for entertainment -- and the food science stuff.

CD

Perfect! That network really needs to have more cooking shows other than rehashed reruns. They need to get rid of crap like Game Shows, Truck Races, etc.....:mad:

Perfect! That network really needs to have more cooking shows other than rehashed reruns. They need to get rid of crap like Game Shows, Truck Races, etc.....:mad:

I agree. I stopped watching Food Network years ago when it started turning into the Food Game Show Network. It was around the time they also began showing endless hours of "Triple D". I absolutely can't stand that Fieri guy, either.

Maybe this is a sign that they recognize the network has gone stale and needs some new, interesting shows that aren't all about competitions.

This is the worst news I have heard in a long time.

Why?

We don't get that channel up here and it will take years before any of our cable networks pick up the show.

But I am happy for all of my American Alton Addicts!

I agree. I stopped watching Food Network years ago when it started turning into the Food Game Show Network. It was around the time they also began showing endless hours of "Triple D". I absolutely can't stand that Fieri guy, either.

I agree with Craig and Steve. I was an avid FN watcher from it's inception many years ago, but just couldn't take it any more and stopped watching a long time ago.

I'll definitely be watching for this and will DVR Alton's new shows. I loved them before, and looking forward to new "Good Eats"!

I've also all but stopped watching Food Network - as mentioned, they've become too redundant and focused on competition.

Bring back David Rosengarten (Taste) and Mary Sue and Susan!:chef:

I'll definitely be watching for this and will DVR Alton's new shows. I loved them before, and looking forward to new "Good Eats"!

I've also all but stopped watching Food Network - as mentioned, they've become too redundant and focused on competition.

I think restaurants been paying them not to teach people how to cook.

I read up on this earlier today. The show will be on the internet. AB didn’t want to deal with Food Network because they had too many restrictions on content, including what he was allowed to cook. The latest I read was that he was trying to figure out how to fund the show.

He covered so much and so many basics in previous shows that maybe he wanted to get into a more serious more elite cooking show.

The network probably said..."that's too fancy, Alton."

Last edited:
He covered so much and so many basics in previous shows that maybe he wanted to get into a more serious more elite cooking show.

The network probably said..."that's too fancy, Alton."

He said it as because they wouldn't let him cook things like rabbit, liver or a whole pig.

I think restaurants been paying them not to teach people how to cook.
I'm with you there re the competitions. Particularly the competitions which relish the tantrums and when the cake falls over. As a retired teacher I really can't be doing with precocious children. I keep hoping one will fall in the soup and drown :glare:

Do you get the British "Master Chef" in the US? It was originally all about amateur cooks but it's become a competition between professional chefs. Who cares? Most viewers can't afford to eat in their "up market" restaurants anyway so why give them the publicity.

I'd like to see Alton Brown on Food Network UK (most of it is American anyway). Everyone seems to think highly of him.

I'm getting fed up with the Chilli Queen (Pioneer Woman). We get her 4 times a day and repeats at the weekend! Has she got shares in a chilli pepper farm? She doesn't seem to be able to cook without it - I'll swear I saw her put chilli powder in a dessert!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom