Alzheimer's Disease Resource

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for posting this PF. My dearest friend is dealing with her husband in the last stages of Alzheimers, and I was the caretaker of my father with this terrible disease that robs the person and those who love them, of who they once were. What a cruel and horrible way to end this journey of life.

Alzheimer's Disease is such a hideous disease. It robs folks of a time in life that they should be enjoying the most. There is a couple at Winthrop and they have no children. They both are Alzheimer patients. They sit together all the time just holding hands and not talking. It breaks my heart to see them. :angel:

I got the link in a weekly newsletter I subscribe to and decided I should share it. The newsletter itself is a good resource.

There's some really good information in there. I bookmarked some to share with my brother -in-law who is helping care for his mom. She's in the last stage of the disease. The only thing she can still do for herself is feed herself. Walking is becoming much more difficult too. Thanks PF.

You are welcome, Jabbur. I hope things go easy on your BIL, it's a tough job.

Wish we lived closer to help out but it's 11 hours away. It's really hard because we can see how much she has deteriorated but Dad keeps trying to make her better by having OT and PT come out. This last time the therapist was telling him about installing grab bars in the bathroom and getting her a wheelchair. That was something he didn't want to hear. We (all the kids) think she needs to be in the nursing home but so far he is refusing that. It's not easy.

Sometimes it does take something catastrophic to get an AD victim to the care level they need. I'll keep her in my thoughts for safety. This is one disease that is worse on those who don't have it than on those who do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom