Am I having mental disorder?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kenny1999

Senior Cook
I always know that there is a big and frightening lizard living and hiding behind my refrigerator, it doesn't show up very often, but it sometimes comes out and scares me.

A few days ago I saw him again, he was climbing on my washed plates and bowls.... I was shocked and he was shocked too, he then escaped quickly.

Since then I have never used the plates and bowls that he once climbed on it. I
have washed them again and again but I still haven't used them to serve my food. I just put them away, I do not want to throw them away because I think
it doesn't make sense because they are all good. However, I can immediately connect to the memory that the lizard climbed on them..... I think it 's so
dirty no matter how many times I have washed them and how much detergent I have used.....

Is it a disorder???

You could thing of the lizard in a positive way - it may have been eating some bugs off that plate that you couldn't see! :LOL:

Don't worry, we all have our quirks and foibles!

As an example, I won't walk barefoot on a hotel room carpet.

If the plates are easily replaced it might be best for you to let them go.

You could also save them for those special people in your life that annoy you. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

For me, I would wash them and use them.

Last edited:
Don't worry, we all have our quirks and foibles!

As an example, I won't walk barefoot on a hotel room carpet.

If the plates are easily replaced it might be best for you to let them go.

You could also save them for those special people in your life that annoy you. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

For me, I would wash them and use them.

I want to wash them too, because they are quite new, expensive, delicate...and 100% usable

But I can easily remember that the big and white and horrible lizard that

once climbed on them..... I cannot forget ....

In fact, could the lizard leave any micro dirt or particles or bacteria and get into the plates that cannot be washed away??

No, as long as the plates are well-washed with soap and hot water, they won't have any residue on them. Honestly, if it bothers you that much, just buy new plates and give these away.

Kenny - how big is this lizard? Gecko size or bigger?

If this is common where you live I'm sure there must be many people around you that would know now to trap one. I'm sure you're not the only one that has the problem.

Actually I'm the complete opposite - my reaction would be more nervous NOT seeing him and wondering just where he is!

My cat brings in small lizards into the house all the time and plays with them til they’re about half dead. I pick them up with a paper towel for disposal.
I used to be afraid of lizards but my cat helped me cure this phobia. Thanks Mozart!

Kenny - how big is this lizard? Gecko size or bigger?

If this is common where you live I'm sure there must be many people around you that would know now to trap one. I'm sure you're not the only one that has the problem.

Actually I'm the complete opposite - my reaction would be more nervous NOT seeing him and wondering just where he is!

Yes, Gecko size , at least, if not bigger. Very horrible....

I don't know if it's common but I have been living here for 20+ years and
I only see lizard of this size and color (big and white) this year....

Luckily it almost always stays behind my refrigerator only, and unluckily, looks like plastic tape trap doesn't work on him. I had put many plastic tape and it trapped some small lizards....

Yes, Gecko size , at least, if not bigger. Very horrible....

I don't know if it's common but I have been living here for 20+ years and
I only see lizard of this size and color (big and white) this year....

Luckily it almost always stays behind my refrigerator only, and unluckily, looks like plastic tape trap doesn't work on him. I had put many plastic tape and it trapped some small lizards....

Well, I think you should tell "the big ugly" Thank you for eating all the other lizards that come in.

Is white his normal colour, or maybe it's because he's never been outside?

Well, I think you should tell "the big ugly" Thank you for eating all the other lizards that come in.

Is white his normal colour, or maybe it's because he's never been outside?

Could a bigger lizard feed on smaller lizards??? Don't they just feed on
coaches and flies???

Back
Top Bottom