AMAZON Scam ... WATCH OUT!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for this. I've warned my daughter and grandsons wife (granddaughter-in-law?) The young one is big on Amazon now, with two young sons and no in person shopping.

Ross

This is an old, old scam that's not just targeting Amazon shoppers. Any email that asks you for personal or credit card information is not to be trusted.

This is an old, old scam that's not just targeting Amazon shoppers. Any email that asks you for personal or credit card information is not to be trusted.

Yes, it is. But, they aren't asking for the info in the email. They ask after arriving at what looks like a real Amazon site.

Also, on less good days, it's easy to forget and fall for a scam we already know about. I think a reminder is good.

Recently suffered a brief lapse in judgment and had this kind of run in with Xfinity where I had recently made some changes. I realized I'd been scammed and had my credit card cancelled and reissued to be safe.

In my case, the Xfinity logo was very convincing with just a little accent mark where there usually is none.

Always check the sending email address. It's often a jumble of characters rather than an Xfinity or Amazon.com address.

Recently suffered a brief lapse in judgment and had this kind of run in with Xfinity where I had recently made some changes. I realized I'd been scammed and had my credit card cancelled and reissued to be safe.

In my case, the Xfinity logo was very convincing with just a little accent mark where there usually is none.

Always check the sending email address. It's often a jumble of characters rather than an Xfinity or Amazon.com address.

That's the first thing I do. When I see any new email in my inbox that I am not expecting, I hover the curser over the name of the sender to see where the email originated from. I had my first scam from Mexico recently.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom