American Buffalo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Did you hear what President Bush is having with Prince Charles and his wife, Camilla? American Buffalo. Wonder what cut it was? Bet it wasn't the ground buffalo I buy. That really surprised me. I guess they will have to eat it. Camilla seems not to be bothered by what people say about her. Guess that is proof they really must love each other.

When King George VI of England and his queen visited the US in 1939, President Franklin D. Roosevelt, (32-nd President of the US - a Democrat - only President elected for more than 2 terms), and First Lady Eleanor, served the Royal Couple - HOT DOGS!

Since Chuck and Camilla are being entertained in a formal State dinner at the White House, not a kicked back BBQ at the ranch in Crawford, I doubt the bison will be ground patties. Bison (aka American Buffalo) is a "native American" food, tender, low in fat, and has even less of a "gamey" taste than beef.

Charles and Camilla both hunt - I doubt they will have a problem choking down a bison dinner.

Last edited:
whom have they hunted? (only kidding. don't get your royals in a bunch)

we eat buffalo fairly often, and i'd have to say the gaminess varies greatly, from the diets they are fed, to the season that they're slaughtered, to the amount of fat in the meat.

i'm sure ol' dubya had some grain fed, grass finished, super duper organic buffalo for the kids to gnaw.

bison

So you think they got the buffalo from George's ranch? Or did Ted Turner share one of his? I am glad they are setting example of trying to eat healthy. I often wonder how much a side of buffalo would be? Do you think cheaper than in the store? Do you think the preparation would be different than cow? I mean would it be tender? I have only eaten ground bison and I sure could tell the difference. I would like to have choice of something other than cow,pig, no one here trusts the fish.

So you call him Chuck! Is that what Camilla calls him too? She is a hunter too? You seem to keep up with what they are doing. I started getting interested when 'Chuck' married Diana. What a loss! Was such a pretty girl. I always liked the way she dressed. Camilla doesn't look as good no matter what she has on. My own opinion.

I read that the menu included celery-and-shrimp soup, buffalo medallions, salad, and petits fours cake and chartreuse ice cream for dessert. It was the debut of the new White House chef Cristeta Comerford.

In the Kitchen said:
So you call him Chuck! Is that what Camilla calls him too? She is a hunter too? You seem to keep up with what they are doing. I started getting interested when 'Chuck' married Diana. What a loss! Was such a pretty girl. I always liked the way she dressed. Camilla doesn't look as good no matter what she has on. My own opinion.

but most important: he seems to love her ;o)
she is definitely not as gracious as Diana was... but none of us knows her... maybe she has a wonderful character... and she is a good hunter ;o)

there's something to be said for a woman with a loaded rifle and a scope.
if you're smart, it's "i love you so much", not "wow, your sister is hot!"

buckytom said:
there's something to be said for a woman with a loaded rifle and a scope.
if you're smart, it's "i love you so much", not "wow, your sister is hot!"

BUCKY!! you are sooo wrong:ROFLMAO:
I'm so glad your back, you have put a smile on everyones face today!!

He's back

buckytom is back and quick as ever. He sure makes my day. i just know he is hard person to keep up with. Or where his answers come from. There should be one buckytom in every place I need help. Would be a better world. Glad you're here buckytom.

Thanks PA for the menu. I sure wouldn't know how to prepare all that. Granted Camilla probably does have great personality even when she does go hunting. I can't imagine how t heir dinners are. Probably have Thanksgiving meal everyday. Chuck seems more intelligent than good looking. His boys are sure a challenge.

'Chuck' as a shortform for Charles is an Americanism - we NEVER use it here in the UK....:)

ITK - there is no way that the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have Thanksgiving meals every day - we don't have a thanksgiving holiday in the UK!:mrgreen:

hee heee hee

as Thanksgiving was the first feast of thanks and praise, after having left that wonderful Rock O' Brittana several years before! lol

Thanksgiving

Ishbel said:
'Chuck' as a shortform for Charles is an Americanism - we NEVER use it here in the UK....:)

ITK - there is no way that the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have Thanksgiving meals every day - we don't have a thanksgiving holiday in the UK!:mrgreen:

Sorry Ishbel, I meant lot of preparation goes into having them for a meal. Just like everyone here gets ready to have Thanksgiving. They do seem so well suited for one another. She seems more outgoing than Diana was. Hope they are happy. Marriage is a true challenge for anyone. Guess Chuck would be what we would call him. I am happy your show of respect is still visible. Over here I feel it may have been lost when we had someone named Bill as president . I know my relatives are rolling in their graves at that one. They always considered t he job of president to be one of highest honor. What a loss!

Errrr, no -you misunderstand me ITK.... I'm a Scots Nationalist. The English Royal family holds little or no interest for me, I'm afraid! :)

yep, BuckyT - and that woad is HE ll to take off before going to bed.... no make-up removal creams seem to work... :)

I think they are right for each other..I believe Diana was a Trophy wife. They never really were happy with each other..but thats just my opinion.
Marge

Thanks all

Dove, do respect your opinion. Like mine, only my t houghts, no harm intended. But Diana was surely a trophy. I don't think she had a fair chance in life. Seems she got disappointed all the way to the end. Boy, she sure loved her boys. That is the picture that remains with me is the way they would run to see her. I don't think Charles is capable of showing his feelings. Hope you doing okay Marge? Good to see you. Miss that little dog. Give him hug for me. He knows I'm thinking of him. Or is it her? Did you notice buckytom back? He is anot her one I missed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom