American Idol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Okay, I am doing something different to try to ease my mind about the circumstances I have at the present time. Won't bore you cause they bore me just to think about them.

Last night, I watched American Idol for the first time in long time. the very last guy Adam Lambert sang a song that just 'blew' me away. In other words, I was so mesmerized that I wanted to hear more of that song. I was recording this show but do you believe it was not recorded? I am upset. Nothing on the Internet lets you hear this song. I just hope the show will let him sing it again. The guy looks a lot like Elvis Presley. Same eyes and hair coloring.

If any of you watched it what is your thoughts about it? He just had a beautiful song and I don't even know what the title was. Everyone apologized and said that they had run out of time! How can this be fair if no one hears his song to vote for him?

This sure resolved my situation here. Just knew someone else wasn't getting treated fair without hearing his song. Instead of me being depressed made me sorry for this young guy. I sure hope he wins. I think he was t he very best no matter what the judges think.s

thanks for your thoughts.

I was just thinking a few minutes ago (literally less than 5 minutes ago!) that I didn't remember seeing Adam last night. We were doing something when the show started, so we watched it later. When the show cut off, James said, "Was that it?" We knew it cut off short, but we didn't realize it cut off a whole singer! I will Twitter Ryan Seacrest and see if someone might have it and could put it on You Tube or something.

Edited to add, I sent the message. He hasn't been on Twitter in about 8 hours (unusual!), but if he responds I will let you know.

:)Barbara

Last edited:
there are times when I wonder if I am the only one who gets to see things like this? thanks Barbara for letting me know you missed this. I could not stop wanting to hear more! Then when I tried to play again, it was gone. Was he good! Just my thought but like it said it relieved my anxiety and helped me think of this song. I may sound really wacko or whatever but when it works I am not going to knock it.

thanks for your response. Hope he will sing it again tonight. He can't get eliminated, not yet.

Adam Lambert sang an OLD Tears for Fears Song - called Mad World. The original version is a faster tempo than what Adam sang it. Go to itunes and find the original and give it a listen. The show ran over last night by about 5 minutes so they really rushed Adam.

Hope Lil Rounds doesn't go home tonight!

Adam Lambert sang an OLD Tears for Fears Song - called Mad World. The original version is a faster tempo than what Adam sang it. Go to itunes and find the original and give it a listen. The show ran over last night by about 5 minutes so they really rushed Adam.

well you got what you hoped, Lil Rounds STILL there! She is good but I bet Adam wins. Just happy you are keeping up with the show. It is exciting.

What about Paula and Simon? Are they going out together? Seems like they are only ones who understand each other!

Of all the contestants, Adam is, IMHO, head and shoulders above the rest.
They sing... he performs. That said, he wouldn't be my first choice, just because
there's something about him I don't like. Not sure what it is....
There are a couple of other strong performers too.

(Course, i liked Megan's singing style best.)

Remember, Adam has recorded songs in the past and has been performing before audiences for some time. So he should be good by now.

:huh:Barbara

Adam was in the west coast production of Wicked and has performed in many live Broadway type productions, so he has tons of experience and it shows. My favs are Lil Rounds and Danny Gorky.

Adam was in the west coast production of Wicked and has performed in many live Broadway type productions, so he has tons of experience and it shows. My favs are Lil Rounds and Danny Gorky.

So he could be considered "professional"??? I thought the contest was for Amateurs --- Oh! and I see he has had a recording career too????

So he could be considered "professional"??? I thought the contest was for Amateurs --- Oh! and I see he has had a recording career too????
This has started a huge debate among fans because it has changed so much from the original concept. He isn't the first professional in the competition either.

:huh:Barbara

this just seems to ruin the whole show! Like everyone else I am sure, thought these contestants were hoping to get into show business. Not that they were professionals already. Seems you can't trust anything. Wonder if Scott worked in same kind of capacity? He just sang his heart out.

Well, I learn lot on this site. I sure won't ask if anyone knows my minister. Someone probably knows something about him too. Anyway, I thank you for sharing your information.

The theme for that night was for them to sing something from the year they were born, so that's why it was an OLD song :) Wonder how old he is?

I absolutely LOVED his rendition of "Ring of Fire" when they did Grand Ole Opry week. Here's the clip: Video-Lyrics: Adam Lambert- Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash | Fame Watcher

My guess would be that "Mad World" by Tears for Fears was released in the early 80s.
You heard that right - Adam was born like the year I graduated high school -yikes.

Back
Top Bottom