An essential ingredient...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
you don't own...
mine is vanialla extract. mainly cause i don't bake foods. maybe there's a bottle; i'm uncertain.
i've excessive stuff i could sso get by without, like fancy salts, & not vanilla!!:ermm:

My kitchen is missing way too many things. Being a cooking newbie is tough :mrgreen:

Lynd

the best part about being a newb or trying new stuff is that you end up getting things and having a pantry filled.

I recently tried making my own sushi so i ended up getting a bamboo mat and some wasabi powder. 2 things I never would have had or used if i didnt try something new.

My first thoughts were all equipment: food processor (I prefer chopping over cleaning), paring knife (I use my chef knife exclusively) and steamer (actually, I need one of these). As far as ingredients go, I've got an easy out as I don't eat meat or eggs, so no eggs, no stocks, etc.

:) Actually, I probably have just about every kind of spice and herb known to man at least in the USA plus extracts for baking.

I would love to have vanilla beans so I can flavor EVERYTHING when I bake. I also wish I had some fresh herbs all the time. They are so expensive at the store.

How do you define an essential ingredient? If it's essential, I probably have it :) One thing I don't have is truffle oil - DH had mashed potatoes with truffle oil in a restaurant once and really liked it, so I should get some.

they're $3.00 fer a baby container!! & you don't usually need them excepet fer a recipe, so they wilt.
jake finally constructed a windowbox!

How do you define an essential ingredient? If it's essential, I probably have it :) One thing I don't have is truffle oil - DH had mashed potatoes with truffle oil in a restaurant once and really liked it, so I should get some.

truffleoil is only $11, i'd buy a bottle. i love that with boiled baby reds.

Back
Top Bottom