Android phone pics to DC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I find it easier to just upload pictures from the app using the gallery on my phone/tablet directly to DC. Then I don't have to use another device. Tapping the image below opens the gallery.

This brings another question..

I use my laptop 99% of the time for DC, FB, etc. I'm just more comfortable viewing and typing on the larger screen..

My question is, is it possible to access the phone gallery directly from the laptop?

Ross

This brings another question..

I use my laptop 99% of the time for DC, FB, etc. I'm just more comfortable viewing and typing on the larger screen..

My question is, is it possible to access the phone gallery directly from the laptop?

Ross
It looks like you can, although I haven't done this yet. But now that I know about it, I will [emoji2] Thanks for prompting me to look for it. .

https://downloads.tomsguide.com/Google-Photos,0301-63539.html

It looks like you can, although I haven't done this yet. But now that I know about it, I will [emoji2] Thanks for prompting me to look for it. .

https://downloads.tomsguide.com/Google-Photos,0301-63539.html

I have been getting prompts to download this app on my computer. I am not sure how this is better than just uploading the pix I want to save in Google Photos (the website) and letting my phone backup the pix I take with my phone to Google Photos (the website). So, I would be very interested in hearing what you think of it when you have tried it.

It doesn't make it easy to talk about that, since there is already an app called Photos (from Google, on my Android phone and tablet) and a website called Google Photos that is synced with the app on my phone and tablet. So, calling this new app "Google Photos" is somewhat confusing. Is the new app actually just new capabilities of what they have offered for years?

I have one slight worry. When I delete a photo from Google Photos (the website or phone or tablet), it warns me that it will be deleted from all my synced devices. If the app were to backup photos that I don't want stored in the cloud, would I be able to remove them from the cloud, only deleting them from the cloud and my other devices but, not from my computer?

Thank you.. :)
I have the Google-Photos downloaded but, I cannot figure out how to get the pics into it from my Android Galaxy J3 phone..

I'll keep searching..

Ross

If nothing else, then maybe you can use Bluetooth to transfer pix from your phone to your computer. Both your computer and your phone probably have Bluetooth built in.

I have been getting prompts to download this app on my computer. I am not sure how this is better than just uploading the pix I want to save in Google Photos (the website) and letting my phone backup the pix I take with my phone to Google Photos (the website). So, I would be very interested in hearing what you think of it when you have tried it.

It doesn't make it easy to talk about that, since there is already an app called Photos (from Google, on my Android phone and tablet) and a website called Google Photos that is synced with the app on my phone and tablet. So, calling this new app "Google Photos" is somewhat confusing. Is the new app actually just new capabilities of what they have offered for years?
The thing is that in order to attach a photo from Google Photos to an email, etc., from my laptop, I have to download it from Google Photos first. Photos I take with my phone and tablet are not automatically synced to my laptop. This app will be installed on the laptop and is supposed to make it possible to access Google Photos directly on the laptop without using the browser.

I have one slight worry. When I delete a photo from Google Photos (the website or phone or tablet), it warns me that it will be deleted from all my synced devices. If the app were to backup photos that I don't want stored in the cloud, would I be able to remove them from the cloud, only deleting them from the cloud and my other devices but, not from my computer?
I'm not sure if your computer is a synced device.

The thing is that in order to attach a photo from Google Photos to an email, etc., from my laptop, I have to download it from Google Photos first. Photos I take with my phone and tablet are not automatically synced to my laptop. This app will be installed on the laptop and is supposed to make it possible to access Google Photos directly on the laptop without using the browser.
Ahhhh. I have no desire to have extra "apps" on my laptop. I'm fine with using the browser. I'm sure some people would prefer to use an app.

I'm not sure if your computer is a synced device.
I'm pretty sure that the app on the computer would be synced. My concern was if it would sync with my "Pictures" directory on my computer.

So, now that I understand that "Google Photos" would be an app on computers, not just access to the website "Google Photos" using a browser, I think I know how to get photos from phone to computer. I believe that the simple way to get a picture from an Android phone onto the computer is to make sure that the picture on the phone is stored in "Photos" rather than "Gallery". All of the photos I have, on my phone, that are in "Photos" are visible on the "Google Photos" website. The pix I have in "Gallery" are not there.

So, now that I understand that "Google Photos" would be an app on computers, not just access to the website "Google Photos" using a browser, I think I know how to get photos from phone to computer. I believe that the simple way to get a picture from an Android phone onto the computer is to make sure that the picture on the phone is stored in "Photos" rather than "Gallery". All of the photos I have, on my phone, that are in "Photos" are visible on the "Google Photos" website. The pix I have in "Gallery" are not there.

OK.. I have the same thing, I believe.

Now I have to figure out how to get phone pics from gallery to photos..

That might be the key.

Ross

I just checked again. I actually have an album in Gallery that is called "Camera". Those pix are in Google Photo. The stuff in other albums is not. They are also in the phone app called, "Photos".
OK.. I have the same thing, I believe.

Now I have to figure out how to get phone pics from gallery to photos..

That might be the key.

Ross

Check your Photos app and see if the pix are there too.

I just checked again. I actually have an album in Gallery that is called "Camera". Those pix are in Google Photo. The stuff in other albums is not. They are also in the phone app called, "Photos".

Check your Photos app and see if the pix are there too.

OK... They are there (in Google Photos) on the phone but, not in Google Photos on the laptop..
There are (in Google Photos) a few pics from 2014-2018.. Even an old "proof of payment" pic I took, for some reason but, none I have taken to share on social media..

I think that GG is on to something.. I need to get daughter or someone to help me sync everything..

Ross

Ross

OK... They are there (in Google Photos) on the phone but, not in Google Photos on the laptop..
There are (in Google Photos) a few pics from 2014-2018.. Even an old "proof of payment" pic I took, for some reason but, none I have taken to share on social media..

I think that GG is on to something.. I need to get daughter or someone to help me sync everything..

Ross

Ross

I think you just need to check the settings for your Photos app and turn on the automagic backup. That should at least put new pix into the Google Photos web page. I think, but don't know for sure, you can tell the photo app to backup individual pix as well as groups of pix. I can't tell for sure, because all of mine are already backed up to the Google Photos website. Your daughter may be able to help you find those settings.

I think you just need to check the settings for your Photos app and turn on the automagic backup. That should at least put new pix into the Google Photos web page. I think, but don't know for sure, you can tell the photo app to backup individual pix as well as groups of pix. I can't tell for sure, because all of mine are already backed up to the Google Photos website. Your daughter may be able to help you find those settings.
sigh... we will get it figured out.. Thank you..

Ross

Back
Top Bottom