"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-12-2020, 01:46 PM   #1
Executive Chef
 
Just Cooking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 3,804
Question Android phone pics to DC

Since I started using Windows 10, I have been unable to email a pic to my laptop and have it come out upright when I load it to DC..

If I share to FB first, I can make it work.. Its a pain to do it that way.. If I email it to myself, the pic will download correctly for all purposes except DC.

My question is, do you phone users (mine is Samsung Android) have an app on your phone which allows you to share on DC?

If not, how can I send a pic directly to a DC post, without having to go through FB or another app (Gmail, messenger, etc)?

Ross

__________________
Disclaimer: My experiences may not be as someone else might think correct.. Life goes on..
Just Cooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 01:48 PM   #2
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 46,777
I'm not an Android expert, but if you have the DC app on your phone, you should be able to upload a photo directly from your phone to the app.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 02:10 PM   #3
Executive Chef
 
Just Cooking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I'm not an Android expert, but if you have the DC app on your phone, you should be able to upload a photo directly from your phone to the app.
If available, that's what I am trying to find.. I've searched apps on my phone, with no luck..

Ross
__________________
Disclaimer: My experiences may not be as someone else might think correct.. Life goes on..
Just Cooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 02:22 PM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 46,777
It's here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oking&hl=en_US
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 02:33 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 24,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Cooking View Post
If available, that's what I am trying to find.. I've searched apps on my phone, with no luck..

Ross
To find apps that are not already installed on your phone, tap the Google Play icon. There you can search for and install apps.
__________________
Anyplace where people argue about food is a good place.
~ Anthony Bourdain, Parts Unknown, 2018
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 02:46 PM   #6
Executive Chef
 
Just Cooking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Thank you, Andy..
Found and added.. Now, I just have to learn how to use it..

Ross
__________________
Disclaimer: My experiences may not be as someone else might think correct.. Life goes on..
Just Cooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 02:46 PM   #7
Executive Chef
 
Just Cooking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
To find apps that are not already installed on your phone, tap the Google Play icon. There you can search for and install apps.
Thank you, GG..

Ross
__________________
Disclaimer: My experiences may not be as someone else might think correct.. Life goes on..
Just Cooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 02:53 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 23,838
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
You could upload them to an album in your user profile / control panel here on DC using the phone app. Then you could go to your 'puter and use the link to the picture in the album to post it in a thread.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 03:42 PM   #9
Executive Chef
 
Just Cooking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
You could upload them to an album in your user profile / control panel here on DC using the phone app. Then you could go to your 'puter and use the link to the picture in the album to post it in a thread.
Thank you..

I'd forgotten about the DC album..

Ross
__________________
Disclaimer: My experiences may not be as someone else might think correct.. Life goes on..
Just Cooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:20 AM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 24,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
You could upload them to an album in your user profile / control panel here on DC using the phone app. Then you could go to your 'puter and use the link to the picture in the album to post it in a thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Cooking View Post
Thank you..

I'd forgotten about the DC album..

Ross
I find it easier to just upload pictures from the app using the gallery on my phone/tablet directly to DC. Then I don't have to use another device. Tapping the image below opens the gallery.
__________________
Anyplace where people argue about food is a good place.
~ Anthony Bourdain, Parts Unknown, 2018
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:24 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 24,491
Forgot to attach the photo.
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-07-13-11-20-21.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	41786
__________________
Anyplace where people argue about food is a good place.
~ Anthony Bourdain, Parts Unknown, 2018
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:35 AM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 23,838
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
What I do is let my phone back up my pictures to Google Photos. Then, I fiddle with the pics for lighting and straightening them out, etc. Once that is done, I download all of those pix to my computer. I recently got a new Win 10 computer and those pictures do not turn upside down or sideways on DC or FB.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:31 AM   #13
Executive Chef
 
Just Cooking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Forgot to attach the photo.
Attachment 41786
Ok. This is what I want. I will try to add a pic.Click image for larger version

Name:	20200712_130543.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	41789
__________________
Disclaimer: My experiences may not be as someone else might think correct.. Life goes on..
Just Cooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:34 AM   #14
Executive Chef
 
Just Cooking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Cooking View Post
Ok. This is what I want. I will try to add s pic.Attachment 41789
Yay.. It worked..

Now, if I can just remember how I did that..

Thank you, GG..

Ross
__________________
Disclaimer: My experiences may not be as someone else might think correct.. Life goes on..
Just Cooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:38 AM   #15
Executive Chef
 
Just Cooking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
What I do is let my phone back up my pictures to Google Photos. Then, I fiddle with the pics for lighting and straightening them out, etc. Once that is done, I download all of those pix to my computer. I recently got a new Win 10 computer and those pictures do not turn upside down or sideways on DC or FB.
I have to figure out how to do that too..

What I have been doing is, send pic to my gmail, load to desktop, add to a DC post.. Too many steps but, it worked fine until Windows10..

Thank you, taxlady..

Ross
__________________
Disclaimer: My experiences may not be as someone else might think correct.. Life goes on..
Just Cooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:25 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 24,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Cooking View Post
I have to figure out how to do that too..

What I have been doing is, send pic to my gmail, load to desktop, add to a DC post.. Too many steps but, it worked fine until Windows10..

Thank you, taxlady..

Ross
For your next question: https://support.google.com/photos/thread/24929993?hl=en
__________________
Anyplace where people argue about food is a good place.
~ Anthony Bourdain, Parts Unknown, 2018
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:26 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 24,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Cooking View Post
Yay.. It worked..

Now, if I can just remember how I did that..

Thank you, GG..

Ross
You're welcome. Whenever you create or reply to a post, you'll see that graphic as a prompt. Hope it works out for you.
__________________
Anyplace where people argue about food is a good place.
~ Anthony Bourdain, Parts Unknown, 2018
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:32 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 23,838
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Cooking View Post
I have to figure out how to do that too..

What I have been doing is, send pic to my gmail, load to desktop, add to a DC post.. Too many steps but, it worked fine until Windows10..

Thank you, taxlady..

Ross
You should have a Google photo app on your phone. Somewhere in the settings for that app, it should have stuff about backing up. I set that to automagically backup on WiFi. I think you can even tell it only do that while plugged in. It's been a very long time since I fiddled with that setting. I think you can also have it just backup when you ask it to. Then, without bothering about email, all your pix are backed up in Google photos on the 'net. I usually put the photos of each meal into an album.

I don't much like using my phone for internet stuff. I prefer the 'puter. I use the phone as an substitute for my laptop, when our internet connection is down or the power is out or I'm not at home.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 02:27 PM   #19
Executive Chef
 
Just Cooking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
You're welcome. Whenever you create or reply to a post, you'll see that graphic as a prompt. Hope it works out for you.

Thank you, GG..

Hopefully I can make it all work smoothly..

Ross
__________________
Disclaimer: My experiences may not be as someone else might think correct.. Life goes on..
Just Cooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 02:30 PM   #20
Executive Chef
 
Just Cooking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
You should have a Google photo app on your phone. Somewhere in the settings for that app, it should have stuff about backing up. I set that to automagically backup on WiFi. I think you can even tell it only do that while plugged in. It's been a very long time since I fiddled with that setting. I think you can also have it just backup when you ask it to. Then, without bothering about email, all your pix are backed up in Google photos on the 'net. I usually put the photos of each meal into an album.

I don't much like using my phone for internet stuff. I prefer the 'puter. I use the phone as an substitute for my laptop, when our internet connection is down or the power is out or I'm not at home.
Thank you, taxlady..

My old brain will get it all sorted..

Ross
__________________
Disclaimer: My experiences may not be as someone else might think correct.. Life goes on..
Just Cooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.