Android phone pics to DC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Just Cooking

Master Chef
Since I started using Windows 10, I have been unable to email a pic to my laptop and have it come out upright when I load it to DC..

If I share to FB first, I can make it work.. Its a pain to do it that way.. If I email it to myself, the pic will download correctly for all purposes except DC.

My question is, do you phone users (mine is Samsung Android) have an app on your phone which allows you to share on DC?

If not, how can I send a pic directly to a DC post, without having to go through FB or another app (Gmail, messenger, etc)?

Ross

Last edited:
I'm not an Android expert, but if you have the DC app on your phone, you should be able to upload a photo directly from your phone to the app.

You could upload them to an album in your user profile / control panel here on DC using the phone app. Then you could go to your 'puter and use the link to the picture in the album to post it in a thread.

Last edited:
You could upload them to an album in your user profile / control panel here on DC using the phone app. Then you could go to your 'puter and use the link to the picture in the album to post it in a thread.

Thank you.. :)

I'd forgotten about the DC album..

Ross

Thank you.. [emoji2]

I'd forgotten about the DC album..

Ross
I find it easier to just upload pictures from the app using the gallery on my phone/tablet directly to DC. Then I don't have to use another device. Tapping the image below opens the gallery.

Last edited:
Forgot to attach the photo.
2020-07-13-11-20-21.jpg

What I do is let my phone back up my pictures to Google Photos. Then, I fiddle with the pics for lighting and straightening them out, etc. Once that is done, I download all of those pix to my computer. I recently got a new Win 10 computer and those pictures do not turn upside down or sideways on DC or FB.

What I do is let my phone back up my pictures to Google Photos. Then, I fiddle with the pics for lighting and straightening them out, etc. Once that is done, I download all of those pix to my computer. I recently got a new Win 10 computer and those pictures do not turn upside down or sideways on DC or FB.

I have to figure out how to do that too..

What I have been doing is, send pic to my gmail, load to desktop, add to a DC post.. Too many steps but, it worked fine until Windows10..

Thank you, taxlady.. :)

Ross

I have to figure out how to do that too..

What I have been doing is, send pic to my gmail, load to desktop, add to a DC post.. Too many steps but, it worked fine until Windows10..

Ross

You should have a Google photo app on your phone. Somewhere in the settings for that app, it should have stuff about backing up. I set that to automagically backup on WiFi. I think you can even tell it only do that while plugged in. It's been a very long time since I fiddled with that setting. I think you can also have it just backup when you ask it to. Then, without bothering about email, all your pix are backed up in Google photos on the 'net. I usually put the photos of each meal into an album.

I don't much like using my phone for internet stuff. I prefer the 'puter. I use the phone as an substitute for my laptop, when our internet connection is down or the power is out or I'm not at home.

You should have a Google photo app on your phone. Somewhere in the settings for that app, it should have stuff about backing up. I set that to automagically backup on WiFi. I think you can even tell it only do that while plugged in. It's been a very long time since I fiddled with that setting. I think you can also have it just backup when you ask it to. Then, without bothering about email, all your pix are backed up in Google photos on the 'net. I usually put the photos of each meal into an album.

I don't much like using my phone for internet stuff. I prefer the 'puter. I use the phone as an substitute for my laptop, when our internet connection is down or the power is out or I'm not at home.

My old brain will get it all sorted.. :rolleyes:

Ross

Back
Top Bottom