Angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have definitely had guardian angels looking after me in my life so far :) But I absolutely agree with you Saphellae - they're also the people who support you in your everyday life.

I'm not sure that I've ever been aware of an angel watching over me and mine but I wouldn't doubt the fact! One of the things I've always told my children is, " I've never seen a unicorn but that does not mean they don't exist, it's just that I've never seen one." I guess it's just faith in something we can't see, touch, hold or justify. It's what makes us human.

I don't know about angels but I do know about troublesome neighbors. The best advice I have for you is to kill her ..... she tormented me ..... naked..... in and out of the shower. ..... my neighbor was no longer...... It's a long story......

fun with editing, he heeeee! :-p

if guardian angels didn't exist, and the prayers of the living didn't work, i can tell you with absolute assurity that i wouldn't be here right now.

As a child, I walked home from school everyday with a group of neighbor children..One of the houses we passed, was an old Victorian..The lady who lived there was rather old and reminded me of the witch in Wizard of Oz..She would wait on her porh each day with her dog and a big broom and if anyone stepped on her grass, she would scream and run at us with the broom and the dog would follow barking and growling..Of course the boys and several of the girls would jump at her and throw things at the dog..Me I knew better and would just move to the street and walk faster..One day one of the kids grabbed my lunch box fro me and pitched it at the dog..The dog got hit, the lady screamed and shook her fist at us and I ran like the dickens..Of course my name address and phone were in that lunch box...When the woman called I was so scared and afraid..But instead of being angry and demanding me being punished. She asked my mother to please bring me over to get my lunchbox..We went, me crying and terrified of the witch..We got to her home and she opened the door, asked us in..Her home was beautiful, clean and smelled like heaven, a candy shop..The dog came up and nudged my hand and licked me, then stood by me as she gave me my lunch box..It was heavy and when I opened it there was several types of homemade cookies and candies..She then served us lemonade and more cookies..Telling my mother that I was one of three children who never were rude or mean..That we always stayed clear of being unkind and when we came by alone, we always patted the dog and waved to her...From then on, she made it a point to watch for all of us and let anyone even yell our way and she was there shaking her finger at them, and her dog Angel too...
Guess you could say she was an angel in disguise...So was her Angel
kadesma
(((CJ)) I was already teary eyed from a quote Buckytom had written now I'm full out bawling!!This was beautiful.It also makes me miss our "chats".You are and always have been a beautiful person and from one who is a true believer in angels,I whole heartedly feel you are an "earth angel" in every sense of the description.Love and energy, Vicki

Ok all this talk about angels and I have something to say.My husband Jimmy is scheduled to have that long awaited hip surgery for the torn labrum on June 3rd. He's been waiting for an OR date since December. My daughter Kiersten has been having another ugly bout with anorexia. I have been praying for my angels to keep me going to and to let me know that my son Jymm who passed in 1999 is around and is trying to comfort his sister.I asked for a sign TODAY. So here I am at DC reading through the posts and first I come to one from Buckytom and his quote is that of a song that my son Jymm used to sing and I hadn't thought of in quite awhile and then CJ shares her story of the elderly woman and her dog Angel- the name of my beloved almost 10 year old lab.This may not mean anything to anyone else and I am sure there are 100 ways to reason this away but, I know the all to well feeling I have in the solar plexis that I have been answered.Thank you Bucky, thank you CJ,thank you Jymm and thank you angels!!!Love and energy, Vicki

Not sure if I believe in angels. Wish I did. I would fill my home with them. I have a similar problem w a neighbor who has given me grief from the day I bought my home - for approx 7 years - 24/7. She's an elderly woman - very nosey. I'm quiet & keep to myself. The harassment went on every day - yelling in my windows, calling me names, making false accusations, sticking notes under my door, etc. Can't go into it all here. She moved out a few years ago, (broke the CC&R's & accrued fines she did not want to pay). Our Board had an attorney, & she had her own. The battle seemed to go on for quite some time.

She still comes into the bldg to visit her friends(?). One day I heard a pound on my front door & each of my front windows. My heart jumped. I opened the door & she stood 2 doors down cursing at me. When I went to my mailbox, & she was entering the bldg, she would plant herself behind me, or take the elevator & stand in front of my front door. Not long ago, I went to my car & saw gum or candy over the passenger side lock. I asked if there were any kids in the bldg, or if anyone had seen anything. No to both.

This is one of the major reasons I want to sell. The Board does not help, & neither do the police. BTW, I tried the kindness act w heer long aago. That didn't work either. There are just certain people that are not playing w a full deck. I wish I could find a solution, as the whole ordeal has really worn me down. Thanks for listening. Good luck w your neighbors.

would you believe, I 'happened' to watch 10 o'clock news last night. What do they have as one hot new item? rottenneighbor.com! Think I should comment?

amy, you really put me in better mood with the link to Garfield. So cute. what a neat dog. Thank you for sharing. All the dogs in the house started barking when I played it. Must have gotten their attention too. Put me in better mood than thinking of getting upset about neighbors. You really were angel of joy to me tonight.

Hoping your days will get better. You sure don't deserve any ill will from no one. My brother tells me situation gives me backbone. Ha.

:) We all have a Guardian Angel or two. I am positive my grand mother from Germany watched over me for many years at least thirty years or more and actually kept me from making some major cooking mishaps in the professional world of cooking. I feel she is gone now as I guess she knows I can do it on my own. I also believe in a sense we all are all Angels when we help someone out that really needs it of course it seems most people we help do appreciate what we did but so many do not we always continue not looking for a thanks but hoping they will pass on a helpful hand. It seems harder and harder these days to do a kind thing for someone and feel like they may have appreciated it.

Back
Top Bottom