Another random Suzi thought....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suziquzie

Chef Extraordinaire
My kids are right now watching the cartoon Tom & Jerry. It was always my favorite as a kid.
They giggle and cackle at this cartoon like none other.... including the wierd cartoons of recent years. They love old Popeye cartoons too.(although spongebob and jimmy neutron do have a special place in my heart)
I think it's so cool how timeless some things can be!

My kids are hopelessly addicted to the new stuff, but Tom & Jerry is one that they also get into.
Some of this new stuff is just plain weird to me...

Meeee Beeep!!!!

I used to wish I could order ACME rockets thru the mail like that, I have visions of rocket skates and me flying down the highway on em...

right now we're on flintstones.
ya they should be in bed but i'm having a hard time turning it off!!!

I'm grateful Fisher will watch cartoons now. For the longest time, he wanted to watch Spiderman 1, 2 & 3 over and over and over. . . . . I can quote all of the dialogue by heart!

Transformers got like that here..

I am Optimus Prime, and I send this message to any surviving autobots seeking refuge among the stars......

baby lego nose stops in the middle of dinner to recite that.

My kids just wont stop watching Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends, I swear I am gonna take that little blue deodorant bar and throw him in the disposal one of these days!!!!

cartoon network isn't allowed here. nick and disney and boomerang are ok, but the new new ones dont do my dorks a bit of good.

Sadly, I am addicted to Cartoon Network. Adult Swim calls to me every night. I'm worried that I may be sick and twisted.

lol, it's far too late to worry about that now. :cool:

my boy also loves "tom and jerry", but most of the bizarre new stuff is uninteresting to him, thankfully.
he likes spongebob (who doesn't), but bizarre japanese animation, as well as "fairly odd parents", "danny phantom", and others hold no interest for him. i'm very happy about that. the new stuff is just so stupid that i feel there's hope for the kids who reject it. stories need to mean something more than grand mal seizure inducing flashy scenes set within fragmented story lines, and i'm being generous by calling it a story.

is there any hope for the little bastids?

I am hopelessly hooked on Futurama and Family Guy!

I totally sympathize. The only time I ever made it to a midnight release of...anything, really, was for Bender's Big Score. I've fallen out of FG fandom (too many manatee jokes), but as my avatar probably indicates, I still love Futurama.

This thread reminds me. A few days ago, one of my friends in California was very sick. As it happened, I had made an extra large batch of cookies that night and was going to send some to her. Being the dork that I am, I decided to put instructions in the box in the style of Cookie Monster, so I pulled up YouTube and found several old clips from Sesame Street that, even now, were hilarious.

Talk about hilarious--what about Monster Masterpiece Theater hosted by Alistair Cookie? Being a Masterpiece Theater fan I was on the floor when that came on.......and the Muppet Show---such jokes and innuendos............who says it was for kids

I LOVED the muppet show!
Where did that go? well i guess there's still sesame street.

Cookie Monster was and is my favorite and Monsterpiece Theater was always the best. I used to think Cookie was stupid because of his broken English, but looking back, he's actually played as quite clever occasionally.

My favorite childhood cartoons were on the WB Network in the early- to mid-90s. Between Pinky and the Brain and Batman: the Animated Series, the house could be burning down around me so long as the TV was on one of those shows! Watching the DVDs these days made me realize they're not really "kid shows." They're "kid friendly", of course, but I've looked at them long and hard and can't find much that I'd characterize as childish (semi-anthropomorphized rodents aside). Batman in particular had a lot of depth and darkness--both literary and literal--for its intended audience.

Back
Top Bottom