Another Scam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
My usual routine when I get a call from an unknown number is to just hang up without a word. This time, I got a call and hung up. They called right back so I answered.

It was a call from a heavily accented female voice asking for me by my first name and telling me an arrest warrant had been issued for tax fraud and money laundering. When I said I wanted more information, I was transferred to a heavily accented male who started his speech then put me on hold. The call was eventually disconnected.

I then did a quick google search to find that this is a telephone/email/US Mail scam to coerce money and personal information from you.

There are different variations including missing jury duty and the above-mentioned IRS issues.

Of course, If I end up in jail, I may not be online for a while.

My usual routine when I get a call from an unknown number is to just hang up without a word. This time, I got a call and hung up. They called right back so I answered.

It was a call from a heavily accented female voice asking for me by my first name and telling me an arrest warrant had been issued for tax fraud and money laundering. When I said I wanted more information, I was transferred to a heavily accented male who started his speech then put me on hold. The call was eventually disconnected.

I then did a quick google search to find that this is a telephone/email/US Mail scam to coerce money and personal information from you.

There are different variations including missing jury duty and the above-mentioned IRS issues.

Of course, If I end up in jail, I may not be online for a while.
Let us know if you need us to bake a cake with a file in it;)

The only calls I get are for scams, surveys or recorded rants from politicians!

I tell the scammers to forget the telephone, the big money is on the internet! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

When I got a call from my credit card company about fraud, I wouldn't give them any information and instead called them back from the number on the card. No way was I going to give all of that info to someone who called me out of the blue.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Thanks for the heads up! I've been meaning to check on this scam. I received 6 missed calls from an unknown phone number yesterday and when I looked up the phone number, it was associated to the IRS scam calls. Good thing I didn't return the call.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom